Possible stray cat Ulverscroft road

Is anyone missing a young black cat with a rather distinctive tortoishell and white patch on its chest and flecks of tortoishell in its fur? I and others have noticed it around for the past couple of weeks. Very friendly and seems hungry (gobbles down the food I've given it!). Let me know if you think it is yours. I haven't managed to get a photo unfortunately...

I think this cat lives in your road. In July there was a post by a concerned person re the same cat, I think they live about 71 or thereabouts, they had a table sale outside their house in that month, if that helps. Good luck. Not a good time for cats to be out with firework night looming! Great you're looking out for him/her.

Please put this cat out, she knows her way home and I do not appreciate you interfering, catnapping antiques!

She is not LOST.

IF YOU AND ANYONE ELSE IS CONCERNED ABOUT "PERCEIVED LOST CATS" FOLLOW THE CORRECT CHANEL!

SHE IS CHIPPED

GET HER READ, DO NOT CATNAP HER!!!!!!

PUT HER OUT SO SHE CAN GET BACK HOME, AND GET A LIFE

• 3 weeks later...
Your cat was desperate to get some warmth and food in my house even though i have a dog who would kill it if given the chance. Maybe you should take the hint that it obviously doesn't think you do a good job looking after it and give it to someone else. Cats do like freedom but they do need shelter and warmth too. My advice to you is go on a do-gooder course!!!

Pretty sure this isn't the first time I've seen such posts from believe. I think we should all give each other the benefit of the doubt - it's distressing if your cat goes missing and is kept in someone else's home (though surely better than some alternatives...). It's equally distressing to see a cat hungry and cold and not give it shelter. There is nothing to suggest this cat was "deprived of its liberty" by the OP.

Yes op never took cat or locked it in, she mentioned she might see if she could get it scanned for chip. I think this forum has a lot of very nice people concerned for animal welfare, granted, people can't just take a cat,if concerned, unless obviously sick or injured, however there is no harm in finding out and asking questions. It's all with good intentions .A note for believe- Attack is the best form of defence. As long as people don't just take a cat, without checking the situation out, I can't see what the problem is. Everyone who notices cats, keep doing it, never be put of by anyone, we need to be more like this with our fellow humans!!

You guys are unbelievable.

Please stop interfering and get a life, this cat is perfectly happy, ignore her, OR OPEN YOUR DOOR THEN ALLOW HER BACH OUT.

YES SHE IS FRIENDLY, HUNGRY????? WELL SHE IS A CAT, IS YOU FEED HER SHE WILL COME BACK FOR MORE.

YOU GUYS ARE NOT "NICE" PEOPLE, BUT SAD BUSY BODIES WITH NOTHING BETTER TO DO, GOD HELP YOUR CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PUT THE CAT BACK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!