Correction- Goodrich School open tomorrow-Thurs Sept 2nd

clare

Yes I agree it has been a frustrating day but we really look forward to seeing the children tomorrow and again apologise for any inconvenience. The service company who provide the texting system were having their own problems today which meant that some texts were being sent and some not. Up to date information can be found on the school website at www.goodrich.org.uk

Received call from friend in the afternoon saying School would be closed for 2 days; received call from same friend late evening to say it would be open. No texts from Goodrich. Website was quite clear it would be closed tomorrow and Friday, so we?ve made plans, allowed children to stay up late, etc. I?m sure my children won?t be the only ones to stay at home tomorrow. Once again, communication from Goodrich to parents leaves a lot to be desired.

I'm biting my tongue somewhat, as obviously I don't know exactly what's been going on at the school, but I will say that I'm not impressed. We've had to change childcare plans at the drop of a hat only to abandon everything again. I agree with earwig1 that communication with parents needs to be improved.

For the record: no texts received today.

Very sad that Goodrich could not get this right. Surely the initial message should have been that we have a problem but we are trying to fix it, in the meantime be aware that the school may not be able to open tomorrow, but please prepare.

Aside from that - any fire alarm and other customary checks should take place not the day before school opening, but at least a week before, so any mechanical problems can be addressed before school opening, without disruption.