Folding a Bugaboo Bee

Annie Carter

Sorry if I'm being completely daft but can I just ask something re: folding up the new Bugaboo Bee? When it's in 'facing you' mode and I try and fold it up the seat falls out! Surely this can't be right? Maybe I'm not attaching the seat properly in the first place...?

Any experts out there who could advise - would be very grateful!

Annie, I also had this problem with the new model - went back to the shop I bought it from for advice and was told that this will occasionally happen when in rear-facing mode.

Not entirely helpful (I guess it's a bit of a design flaw) but have now worked out that there's a bit of precision involved to avoid the seat falling out when folding - (I hope this makes sense) the stage after you close the seat up is crucial; (stand at the side of the bee when doing the next bit helps) when moving the folded seat part back towards the handle make sure that the folded seat is in line with the diagonal sides of the handle (sorry, not sure if this is the best way to describe it!). If the folded seat goes to it's furthest point beyond the diagonal side of the handle, the whole seat unit will fall/drop out when you fold the whole pushchair. Return to stand behind the pushchair handle and use the handle button/switches to fold the pushchair as normal.

Sandy - Not sure if your model is in rear-facing mode, but if so, then similar to above suggestion, the stage after you close the seat up is crucial; (stand at the side of the bee when doing the next bit helps) when moving the folded seat part back towards the handle make sure that the folded seat goes to it's furthest point beyond the diagonal side of the handle, to remove the seat unit either lift the seat unit up (the catches that hold the seat unit in place are vertical in relatin to the floor/ground, so lift the folded seat unit straight up) or alternatively try folding the pushchair and the whole seat unit will fall/drop out (this probably isn't the best way unless you're on a soft surface!).

Hope this helps.