Dog poo on Dunstans Road

MrsP

The dog poo on Dunstans Road, particularly the stretch between Crebor Street and Goodrich Road, is getting really bad. We have run the dog poo gaunlet on the way to school every day this week, and quite frankly this morning it is disgusting. Please please if you are out walking your dog pick up the poo.

Go to my legendary thread of earlier this year about what to do about it....there's a link there to get in touch with the council to clear up the mess. They can also leaflet and monitor. It certainly worked round our neck of Dulwich.

If all this fails, then a zero tolerance campaign must begin with extreme prejudice.

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5,419890,page=1

I think this has a lot to do with the direct route from Dunstans to Peckham Rye Park. I live in neigbouring Ryedale and have the same problem! I spend far too much time picking up dog poo for selfish owners.

Perhaps we can convince our local councillors to run a campaign with greater dog poo bins etc.?

P

Dog excrement is a real serious problem, although it might be rare I've heard of some children being blinded. Most dog owners, I imagine, are OK but the ones who don't give a sh*t (pun intended)penalties should be harsh. I must confess I've noticed quite a lot of it near Piermont Green. unfortunately, who enforces the law? It isn't easy to prove, because dog owners who let their dogs do it are probably not going to take kindly to a citizens arrest. An on-the-spot, heavy fine would be great.

I called the council about this issue about 3 months ago (after skidding on a rather large pile en route to Goodrich School). We have renamed the road Turd Street but it isn't funny and I agree with further action being needed. Traffic Enforecement are quick enough to put tickets on your car should you park naughtily around the school so let's get fines sorted for doggy doo too!