Free! - Every Session! Fitness & Toning on the Rye - Sat @10am 16 to 60+

Good morning all,

OK.... this should have gone out yesterday: I'll be in the park earlier than 10am this morning to get a quick lap in.

Can you guys book the 15th Dec into your diaries for our Christmas brunch - we will do a gentle session that morning and then head over to Locale restuarant for c.11-30am as we did last year!

McCabe

Hi to all,

There is a famous proverb in the Oxford dictionary that quotes ' there's no such thing as bad weather, only wrong clothes'; I think you know where I'm going with this......? It will be chilly in the morning so wrap up very well as it will be a nice bright one!

Christmas brunch, is it in your diary? Can you post messages on the EDF if you can attend so Julie has a handle on the numbers :-)

If you ever have an afternoon between Wed & Sunday and think......Ummmmm, what can I do today? Head up to Swiss Cottage and a 5-min walk will take you to Sigmund Freuds abode / museum, and if you have a motorbike they allow you to use their driveway too! Not only was it a fantastic afternoon walking around his house with a handset guide today, but it really gives you a super insight into his work and why he had to flee to London. His daughter, Anna, provides a great voice-over in the video room.

See you guys in the morning - bring a 1Ltr bottle of water for arm, shoulder and back toning..... and some change for a tea or coffee at the end.

McC

Xmas Lunch - 2012, 15th December

We will do a short session on Saturday 15th December, and then retire back to the cafe on the Rye for a large.... brunch!

Wear as much purple as possible and / or, wear some purple glitter too! I will try and reserve some tables, otherwise it will be the usual grabbing a table at a time and growing the group. They do serve vino, cider and beer as I understand, and for me..... I'm going to have a very large brunch with hopefully black pudding!

A massive thanks to Julie, she has been looking at various restuarants who are either not doing brunch or just not getting back to her.

McCabe.

Hi McCabe

I did it!!! Yes me....

10k Santa run (and walk) up hill in Greenwich park.

If it wasn't for you keeping me company at the back every Saturday I would not have been able to do it.

I really can't believe it.

Thank you

Maria x

Ps I've attached a photo of our team - can you spot me

Today, this morning, the team.... are the best!

We had our most amazing lunch at the Great Exhibitions Room... or Bar. Not 5, 10 or even 15 as I suggested, but a massive 30! We also had many of apologies too!

*Thank you!*

I think everyone was thanked, it started with Marlon giving it out to the team, the social secretary (Julie) and also Amanda for the Tuesday support. For me, I was terribly shy - hell no! Thank you to all, everyone, and the team!

This Philanthropy vision in 2007 has been a success and sustainable - and..... we have zero donations or grants!

**Sat 22nd December**

Glitter and Christmas feel, lets meet for the usual 10am.

**Sat 5th January**

The main session will be slightly longer, and will finish with some holy water at the Clock House to see the New Year in.

**MacMillan Nursing**

We are looking at a 3Km & 5Km for mid February 2013 in Dulwich Park. Are you up for this? Typically, once you are in your thirties and forties, you get to hear about those close to you with 'C'. MacMillan Nursing is there for you, taking care and stress out of the situation.

I will post a separate thread for the above event.

Merry Christmas!

McCabe

Good morning all!

We have our last session of 2012 tomorrow morning. For any new ones reading this, the project is FREE, just fill in a health form and email it through (www.AHM-Go.com [email protected]).

There are two sessions per week, Saturday morning at 10am by the cafe on the Rye, and Tuesday at 7-30pm by the zebra crossing / end of Barry Road by the Rye.

Come along with a 1Ltr bottle of water for arm, shoulder & back toning, and rehydration. Also, so change for a tea / coffee at the end.

This groups is open for all fitness abilities, powerwalker, jogger or runner, it is designed to be completely inclusion. We cover around 300m and then stop for toning and fun, and repeat this around 8-times.

Tomorrow morning, mulled wine at the end of the session and lots Christmas wear such as hats etc..

Best!

McCabe

Merry Christmas to all!

What a super year it has been for us all, it has only rained on a couple of occasions which is pretty good for English weather.

The group has grown to around 60 in total now with the ave turn out of c.25 - excellent! I am so proud to see those pushing the boundaries, the couch to 5Km, Maria's first 10Km, the early runners who do 10-miles and then join in with the 10am group and those who add extra moves in. And Amanda too, she is a star with the Tuesday eve session.

We are resuming on Saturday 5th Jan for a gentle getting back to fitness, the social secretary has suggested our first meeting over a glass of vino... I think the Clock House was mentioned as the venue.

East Dulwich Forum: It would be super if you can keep an eye on the EDF and post the occasional rah rah onto Amanda's Tuesday evening session and my Saturday morning session. This helps the new viewers to get a well balanced view of the friendly group.

Finally, this is a drop in and drop out groups, so if you haven't been around for sometime, book it into your January diary.

Merry Christmas!

McCabe.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year to you all!

OK, be honest, who has put on a few pounds? One of my dogs put on 5 pounds in a few seconds..... some sauce from a Thai curry split onto a fiver on the low lounge table and the beast gobbled up the note!

A couple of new ones on the list today, so the deal is..... this is a fun and relaxed group. We meet for 10am on Saturday mornings by the cafe on the Rye - come along with a 1Ltr bottle of watter for arm, shoulder & back toning. This group is completely FREE, just bring some change for a tea / coffee at the end.

Tue group meets for 7-30pm, end of Barry Road by the Clock House bar / zebra crossing - this group is taken by the Amazing Amanda..... she will get you heart rate up!

** Always keep an eye on the EDF for any last minute changes **

We work to sections of c.300m then stop for toning and stretching. If you are fast, then when you get to the stop point you have to circle to the back of the group again so you will burn more calories and cover an extra 50% distance.... in my books thats c.450m. I provide all the funny anecdotes and then we finish off with a tea / coffee at the end.

We are due to have our first social vino tomorrow after the session, lets see how everyone feels incase the 2-week break has been toooooo much!

McCabe.

If you are looking to get fitter now the new year is upon us, I can't recommend this group highly enough. Make friends, join a little community and get fit for FREE.

It's by far the best thing I did since I moved to the area.

You'll feel welcome immediately; never out of your depth, and it's the least scary new thing you can try I promise!

It's opened so many doors for me...I hope it will for you too!

I've just come back from attending this for the first time and can honestly say its the most fun I've had exercising in years!! So much so I forgot that was what I was meant to be exercising a few times as I was too busy talking to other people :-)

If anyone is in two minds about giving this a go (as I was for a few months), I say go for it! It's a such a blast, everyone is really friendly and McCabe (the group leader) makes it so much fun. There's a real mix of people, so there will always be someone to talk to. I will definitely be going again in two weeks time (I would be there next week but I've got a hen-do to attend)!

Good JOB!

Welcome aboard! A nice group of 25 yesterday (and lots still away), of all different abilities, but one thing in common... having fun!

Upper inside of legs resides the Adductor muscle set, it is natural for this to ache a little bit following on from deep squats we did yesterday.

Right, out to do some roller blading now before the snow comes, then will put the roast on!

McCabe.

Hi to all,

As I live at the top of Streatham Common, I may not be able to make it to the Rye tomorrow. This means no anecdotes or jokes from me.... a super sharp member of the group sent me a funny about beef burgers, in France horse is part of their...... what for it..... stable diet!

For those that attend, I suggest to stick to the grass and avoid the pathways incase of ice.

McChristmas :-)