Free! - Every Session! Fitness & Toning on the Rye - Sat @10am 16 to 60+

Hi guys,

It was a cold, dark, weeeeeeeet and wiiiiiiindy morning, but managed to raise a few quid for Red Nose Day.

I won't steal the thunder from ~B, so she will announce the figures.

Welcome aboard Annabel - I hope you enjoyed the 'McCabe' experience, it is so much better on a brighter and warmer day :-) Becky, have a super hols and look forward to catching up with you soon.

McCabe

G'day all - Happy Easter!

The group this Sat will be just a handfull as Easter is upon us :-) If you want to turn up, aim to get to the cafe on the Rye for say 9-55am for a 10-05am start. Moi, I'm taking a lovely Saturday off :-)

Big respect to Amanda who has been running the Tue evening groups for FREE until a few weeks back! I'm thinking about posting a jogging (not fitness) group for Tuesday evenings now it is going to be light in the evenings. I won't be able to attend this but if there are any budding 'Serg Majors' out there that would like to start up a group then please let me know:

Tues, 7-30pm, on the Rye by the junc of Barry Road & Zebra. FREE, easy jogging pace upwards. Actually, this could also be a powerwalking group too.

The joggers head up the Rye pavement and stick to the perimiter pavement (x2 = c.5Km), and the walkers the same route but just one lap = c. 2.5Km.

McCabe.

Welcome aboard Karen104 and pleased you enjoyed the session :-)

If I'm not mistaken, you were part of the cycle group a couple of years ago and.... did the London Marathon?

I send out a rah rah by email & EDF on Fridays, could you ping me by PM your email address and will add to the email list.

Best!

McCabe.

Hi

I did enquire about a cycle group but I think it changed to long rides which I'm not up to! There was a thread about starting local ones again on a Sunday but I'm not sure that's started yet? As for the London Marathon, I wish! but sadly you've got the wrong Karen. I was out of breath running round the park but am hoping to build up for a 5k Race for life in June with my daughters. I think a marathon is way out of my league!!!

Sorry but won't make it this Saturday. It's my birthday and I'm going in for a lazier morning but will definitely come again. Will PM you with my e-mail address.

Thanks

Karen

charliebubs Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Yaaay! :)

>

> Your link for the photo doesn't seem to work

> though :( Unless that's just me!!!

Nope, the page didn't open on the right link for me either.

G'day all,

Its that Friday rah rah to get everyone into the park tomorrow morning.

I still havent set the cycle start date as its such ghastly weather out there! I have lost 10 frogs in my pond in the past few weeks due to the bad weather :-( But today, one couple have laid frogspawn so I am over the moon.

Here is a message from Julie:

Next get together 18th April at the newly opened clock house? Gen's birthday the week b4 so that's our excuse!

Catch you all in the morning - may be walking due to Hamstring challenge!

McCabe.

Hey Indiepanda, good to have you back.... a 6-months is juuuuust too far apart.

Looks like the morning will be the warmest in donkeys years! I'm unable to make it as the m/bike is in for an MOT this morning.

Cycle Rides start tomorrow - the first one is really easy going, meet for 9-30am at the Texaco garage at Goose Green.

Best!

McCabe

Looks like the weather will be on our side tomorrow :-)

If you are new to this thread, this is a **FREE** low impact cardio fitness group that meets every Saturday morning at 10am by the Caf? on the Rye. You can powerwalk, jog, run, or a bit of all three!

We cover a distance of over 2.5Km with around 8 stop points for stretching and toning - the faster ones circle back to the team at the back.

Bring a 1Ltr bottle of water for arm, shoulder and back toning... and to rehydrate too. Also, bring some change for a tea / coffee at the end.

**Registration**

Pop onto www.AHM-Go.com, copy the health form and email back to [email protected] - if couldn't be easier :-)

McCabe

Its Friday and time for the Friday Rah Rah!

Even if it drizzles tomorrow, you will feel so much better on the Rye doing the workout than sitting in! Actually, not only do you generate more endorphins when exercising, you generate twice as many in a group!

So, Boo Hoo to those not coming due to the weather or hang-overs! The 30+ of us tomorrow will have a great time, then eat cake and drink coffee too - way hey!

Catch you all in the morning!

McCabe