Pickpocketed!!! Lordship lane

kels

Unfortunately I was pick-pocketed today in the mind charity shop. I can't believe it really.

I've reported it to the police. I saw the lady briefly who I know did it.

She came into the shop and bumped into me and then went straight out. At the time I didn't think anything of it, as I just thought she was just rude.

I had stupidly come out of the house without my bag and just put my wallet in my coat pocket. I'd also just taken 50.00 out of the ATMachine, so she would have been a happy lady.

So, if anyone finds a discarded Creme longer style ladies wallet, with butterflies printed on it. Around, please do get in touch, I know it's probably a long shot.

The lady, was a slim build, black complexion, about 36. Fairly well dressed, albeit it a little wired. She wasn't the trampy type.

Be on your guard everyone.

Man was I angry!!!!!

:(

Pick-pocketing has also in the past been reported in the Hospice shop on LL. I wonder if they target charity shops because there are a number of people slowly browsing (rather than rushing in and out). Also wonder if pick-pockets are usually creatures of habit i.e. would they go back to the same locations regularly? (I know the ones that work the metro in Barcelona always seems to stick to the same escalators, exactly the same MO.)

it's sad, but I am now (24 hours later) of the opinion that I just hope she really needed the money she stole from me, and for a good reason. I'm really ****ed off to have to cancel cards, get my license renewed, worry about the fact that someone else has this..etc etc. and be 50.00 less off.

The reason I posted this was really just to make people aware, that you can't just let your guard down and enjoy a leisurely browse down the lane. As much as I love it every Saturday. You have to, no matter what, really keep your eye out and be very aware of your personal possessions.

Kels, you may want to get registered with this organisation if you?ve had your driving licence stolen: CIFAS

I had my purse stolen a couple of years back. I cancelled all the cards and applied for a new driving licence. About 6 months later I got a bill from Marshall Ward for a mobile that I?d not ordered. Called them up straight away, and it turned out that they?d used the details on my driving licence to get credit and order the handset. Luckily for them, MW hadn?t despatched it as they were suspicious as the billing address was different from that to which the mobile was to be sent. However, I was furious as because they?d not lost anything, they refused to report it to the police, and the police when I called them to report it refused to do anything as I wasn?t the ?victim? in this situation ? despite the fact that MW probably had the address of the person who had stolen my purse (or at least the person who had bought my driving licence and attempted to commit fraud with it).

MW forwarded my details to CIFAS, who called me up and we set up security questions which I now have to answer if I ever apply for credit.

Twirly Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Kels, you may want to get registered with this

> organisation if you?ve had your driving licence

> stolen: CIFAS

>

> MW forwarded my details to CIFAS, who called me up

> and we set up security questions which I now have

> to answer if I ever apply for credit.

xxxxxxxxx

I also registered with CIFAS after I was the victim of identity theft a few months back.

I'd recommend it for peace of mind.