House breakin ogalander road

Thanks, Dover. I just wish I'd got there two minutes earlier to see him go in, instead of coming out, then they wouldn't have taken anything. But then I might have found myself totally alone in the street with them. Horrible thought. I was burgled a few years ago, and I know what it's like.

Had a PSO call just now offering "smart water". I had seen her knocking on neighbours' doors earlier. If she or another drops by with the offer I'd advise taking it up. (You dab your most valuable items with the water, which contains microscopic digits linked to your personal details - which are not divulged to anyone, she said - and which will appear if the police retrieve your items. She said all retrieved items are scanned for smart water, so it looks like a system is in place.)

Sadly as posting anything so often descends into petty points scoring and pedantry, it really belies the underlying decent nature of the forum and sometimes ensures it appears to be populated by a clique of petulant children.

Apology accepted Singalto! Thanks. And great news re the caught burglar. I only hope the police have caught the two I encountered. They said they'd let me know and would need a statement from me, which I'd be happy to give. By the way, a few of you are struggling with my user name, understandably - it's Buddug (pr. Bi (as in is) th (as in the) and ig (as in ignite). It's Welsh for Victoria and was my cat's name. I'm only saying, as I fear someone's going to call me Bed Bug next! Ha ha.

buddug Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Apology accepted Singalto! Thanks. And great news

> re the caught burglar. I only hope the police have

> caught the two I encountered. They said they'd let

> me know and would need a statement from me, which

> I'd be happy to give. By the way, a few of you are

> struggling with my user name, understandably -

> it's Buddug (pr. Bi (as in is) th (as in the) and

> ig (as in ignite). It's Welsh for Victoria and was

> my cat's name. I'm only saying, as I fear

> someone's going to call me Bed Bug next! Ha ha.

I remember my double Ds from school

http://www.welshgirlsnames.co.uk/buddug/

associated with Boudicca :)

Louisa Wrote:

>

> I agree with ed_pete, why the need to escalate it

> off topic baring in mind the situation being

> discussed here? Just drop it Sue.

>

I think it is a great pity when any thread, whatever the topic, descends into unwarranted personal attacks and name-calling.

And a great pity when it seems to be a greater forum crime to point this out than to be offensive in the first place.

It isn't pedantry and it isn't arguing - it's asking for, and hoping for, courtesy and respect towards other posters on here.

Anyway, glad to see that a burglar has recently been caught, and I hope you have recovered from your nasty experience, buddug.

buddug Wrote:

> Go to hell, Sue. Well, whatever you trolls want to

> post, this is what happened in Oglander Road today

> and also a burglary in Avondale Rise, who the

> police thought were by the same people an hour

> previously. Keep safe and ignore the trolls on

> here who couldn't care less, and who keep arguing

> the bloody toss. As always happens, you post

> something public spirited, and then it's hijacked

> by these ghastly trolls who think it's ok to

> nit-pick and take your post off-topic. Yuck. Shame

> on them.

Good on you Buddug. Don't be put off by Sue. She/He is a right regular PITA

Just an update. Police rang me just now to take a phone statement. They caught a burglar red-handed somewhere else - possibly Pellatt Road? They wouldn't say, but they think he's one of the men who burgled the Oglander property re modus operandi. They said my description of the two men would help link the two burglaries if forensics couldn't. They'll let me know, as they'll need me to sign the statement and maybe go to court. I said that's fine - as long as my address is not read out, which has been known to happen! Nice to know the police are starting to take burglaries seriously.

Given that Buddug has already provided a draft statement and has only to sign it, it possibly doesn't matter here. But generally anything that might potentially contaminate a witness's memory or account -- such as the provision of extraneous fresh 'information' -- is probably best avoided. A defendant could argue that the information had been put into the witness's mind after the event.

You're quite right, Ianr. As you say, I have already given my statement, with descriptions, so anything else would now be inadmissible. I am, however, just curious to see if the descriptions match, and I am grateful to singalto for his offer to share. I shall find out soon enough from the police anyway.

Green Goose Wrote:

> buddug Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Go to hell, Sue. Well, whatever you trolls want

> to

> > post, this is what happened in Oglander Road

> today

> > and also a burglary in Avondale Rise, who the

> > police thought were by the same people an hour

> > previously. Keep safe and ignore the trolls on

> > here who couldn't care less, and who keep

> arguing

> > the bloody toss. As always happens, you post

> > something public spirited, and then it's

> hijacked

> > by these ghastly trolls who think it's ok to

> > nit-pick and take your post off-topic. Yuck.

> Shame

> > on them.

>

> Good on you Buddug. Don't be put off by Sue.

> She/He is a right regular PITA

Shows how much knowledge you have of a regular poster when you don't know if Sue is a he or a she. Have a guess. As far as I'm concerned she is no PITA (which I had to look up). There's been an unjustified overreaction by some on this thread to her contributions.