Mother and Baby Outfits?

Saffron

Sorry in advance if this sort of thing isn't your cuppa (and yes, some of their stuff is a bit OTT!)... but the plain ones are rather nice if you like that sort of matchy-foofy holiday look... (if not, this is deffo not the site for you)...

http://dollyandme.com/mother-daughter.asp

Dolly&Me is a US site, and with the Dollar trading so low at the moment, even to order overseas will still likely work out less than ?100 for mum and daughter dresses!

(Does anyone know a local seamstress who does similar for a competitive price?)

xx

Oh how very American. If I remember rightly my aunt used to do this with my cousin..

I'd look uber cool if I dressed like my little girl I must say.

You could find maybe a trainee seamstress or someone in college studying that would do 2 dresses for under ?100.. Surely?

kittysailing Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Pur-lease!

Hahahahaha! I DID warn you!! :)) Some of them ARE really ghastly, but I like the black and white shift dresses. And I was thinking more of dressing Little Saff like me, than dressing myself in baby-style clothes. ;-)

GinaG3 Wrote:

> Oh how very American. If I remember rightly my

> aunt used to do this with my cousin..

> I'd look uber cool if I dressed like my little

> girl I must say.

Actually this tradition stems from Medieval Europe, where children were viewed as miniadults as soon as they could walk and were then dressed as such. (Although admittedly some now seem to have it the other way around... mum dressed as baby instead.)

>

> You could find maybe a trainee seamstress or

> someone in college studying that would do 2

> dresses for under ?100.. Surely?

That's a good idea. I'll look into it.

xx

Hmm, to me the website smacks of mothers who identify so much with their lives as mothers that their children are their identity.. which always seems somehow a little incomplete. A bit like having a picture of your children instead of you as your facebook ID pic. I am my children? I am not sure I get it.

Yes it does a bit, if you dress that way everyday! (And I have to say I would envy the organisational skills required to do so!! If I get one set of socks in this house to match, I'm generally pretty pleased.)

I need matching outfits for an art project photoshoot. I would like to buy locally, but if I can't find anything affordable, then I will have to source elsewhere. :'(

xx

You could buy 2 adult sized dresses from somewhere cheap and have one cut up to make a childs one that way your're only paying for one to be made? Might be a stupid idea though.

I saw a mum and her 2 daughters wearing matching purple puffa jackets the other day - how embarrassed those kids must be!

Saffron Wrote:

> Yes it does a bit, if you dress that way everyday!

> (And I have to say I would envy the

> organisational skills required to do so!! If I

> get one set of socks in this house to match, I'm

> generally pretty pleased.)

>

Blimey, good point. Imagine how tricky it would be to get even faintly to agree on what to wear.

> I need matching outfits for an art project

> photoshoot. I would like to buy locally, but if I

> can't find anything affordable, then I will have

> to source elsewhere. :'(

>

> xx

I have to say that does sound very sweet. Hope you find sth.

HeidiHi, I know exactly what you mean - children are all beautiful, and mine is far better looking than I am.

I just don't understand choosing an image of your child as though it were an image of you, ie your own visual identity = your child.

Lots of people do it, however, so maybe it's just me - and as you rightly say, each to their own.

I too have a picture of my 17 month old son as my facebook profile pic, again more do with his massively cute chubby baby face than only identifiying as a mother. Sure I?ll be reverting back to my own ugly mug once he hits about 3. Or the cat.*

More on topic my boyfriend and son have the same skin tone consequently my boyfriend will now consider wearing brighter coloured clothes he previously dismissed after seeing the colours really suit our son (jade green, turquoise blue). However no matching t-shirts yet...

*Just joking about the cat picture.

Nope, don't geddit. I'm with you Moos on this one. You are not your child, your child is not you. It is your facebook page, for your friends and associates not your child's. Child/cat cat/child, joking aside it all amounts to the same thing - putting a picture of something cute that-is-not-you-but-says-something-about-you as your profile. It's just wrong, wrong, wrong IMO.

Still, as Moos points out, plenty of folk do it. So maybe it's just me being a grumpy pedant? We're all judged by our actions aren't we?

My son is a year old, I definitely feel like he is me, I am him, we are together 24/7. He takes up all of my thoughts and time, and everything single thing I do is planned around him.

My facebook page is for me, and on my facebook has friends and family all over the world who absolutely love seeing my son change from month to month, He is after all not a baby for long, and we all want to enjoy seeing him grow into a little independant person.

The vast amount of my friends and family on my facebook also have their babies as their profiles ( even the males!!) and I love seeing the photos, I know what my friends and family look like so I do not need their photo on their profile.

Different folks, different strokes!

As HeidiHi has said babies change rapidly and regularly changing your profile pic is an easy way to keep folks updated. I don't view it as hiding but showing off and celebrating that wonderful new person in your life and let's face it the majority of parents love showing off their new offspring. Better than that one picture of you looking OK on holiday from about five years ago.

Might post picture of father and son in matching coloured t-shirts now what would that say about me...

• 1 year later...

Mother and baby style

As a mother looking at my 10 years baby girl I knew she had the potential to become a model, so I applied for the competition I had no resent photos, so I went along to Future Faces Photography studio where the staff were very welcoming, I was a bit concerned about having the photos taken with the photographer as my baby had just learnt to crawl but she was very warm and bonded with her instantly. After the shoot I had the chance to look at the photos they were amazing. I never knew my girl had such a good relationship with a camera. After my experience with Future Faces recommend them to all parents.

Mother and baby style

As a mother looking at my 10 years baby girl I knew she had the potential to become a model, so I applied for the competition I had no resent photos, so I went along to Future Faces Photography studio where the staff were very welcoming, I was a bit concerned about having the photos taken with the photographer as my baby had just learnt to crawl but she was very warm and bonded with her instantly. After the shoot I had the chance to look at the photos they were amazing. I never knew my girl had such a good relationship with a camera. After my experience with Future Faces recommend them to all parents? futurefacesuk(dot)com.