Moving to East Dulwich - where to live?

Guest Chris Coulter

Was thinking last night about Ibo's complaints about ridiculous house prices and newbies moving into the area not contributing anything.

Well, I'm a relative newbie (been here 5 years) and have so far made two long-standing residents well off by buying their houses for enormous profit on what they originally paid, and I also make a point of shopping locally to support local businesses. Ergo - I feel a little cross when someone moans at me for pumping so much cash into where they live.

Ibo - I presume you don't own a house in ED, else you wouldn't be so cross about the prices? Possibly feeling a bit upset about not investing in the days where a two bed flat cost <100k (only about 5-6 yrs ago)? I apologise if my being able to afford a house around here now offends Ibo.

I moved to ED because I got a great vibe from the place when I looked around and had heard great things about it. In my 5 years of living here my initial impression has only been reinforced and I have seen enormous improvements. This forum is the first place I've ever heard anybody moan about newcomers in ED and be so negative, but I can only assume you are one of a few who don't appreciate the massive improvements in ED in the last few years.

Looking back 5 years I can only think of one thing that was better - the Uplands :)