Settle an argument - was there a Costa in Peckham before?!

Rowanofski

Costa just doesn't fit well there on Rye Lane, does it?

Is there any chance everyone will give it a miss, and the space will become available for another use? Mind you, I think the same thing about 80% of the mobile phone unlocking shops and bargain tat shops too. Specifically, it would be great if the council could somehow plan for the crummier superfluous shops to make way for relocating businesses whose premises are on the demolition list near the station.

Costa will doubtless thrive though. The nearby indy coffee competition doesn't seem very strong. Small White Elephant does nice things, but the tepid coffee I had the other day is not one of them :-/

If I could pick one coffee shop type chain that would fit the area, it would be Boston Tea Party. If anyone's looking for a franchise to run round here, that's the one I'd spend money in.

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> How come?

There is something particularly soulless about Costa's livery and styling, that seems to be brought out more in that location. Actually now you mention those other places, maybe the Greggs to BK section of the high street is where a smaller Costa would look less out of place.

peckham_ryu Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> There is something particularly soulless about

> Costa's livery and styling, that seems to be

> brought out more in that location. Actually now

> you mention those other places, maybe the Greggs

> to BK section of the high street is where a

> smaller Costa would look less out of place.

Isn't that pretty much where it is? On the corner near Subway, Mothercare, etc? A pretty inconspicuous addition, IMO.