A Nice Steak and Chips?

milk76

Are a veggie felt-tip?

Pumpkin soup with a hint of chilli. Fab.

How do you like your steak? Rare, rare to medium or well done (in other words burnt to a cinder). And what part of the cow? For me it's got to be rare or rare to medium fillet steak though sirloin, rump, porterhouse and rib-eye can be equally delicious but not quite in the same league as fillet.

not a veggie but I am a fan of veggie food. pumpkin, kick of chilli and a dollop of creme fraiche - just the ticket now these cold nights are kicking in...

meat has to be medium rare for me. I pretty much like any cut but a rib-eye served with a caesar salad on the side is my idea of heaven. hold the fries. atkins innit.

I think SMG is right - it is very difficult to fry perfect chips at home - even steak is a challenge that requires a heavy-duty grill, split-second timing and a fair dollop of good luck.

For what it's worth, my vote for best steak and chips is: 't Steakhouse, Amstelveenseweg 170, 1075 XP Amsterdam.

And my favourite beef grill is: El Rancho Argentino, Korte Leidsedwarsstraat 101-103, 1017 PX Amsterdam.

I don't know anywhere in London that can match them. I find continental beef more succulent and tender than British beef - probably because it is left to hang for up to thirty days.