Official animal lover/animal welfare thread/I'm a celebrity,get me out of here!

aquarius moon

Well done! Not sure I completely agree with you, but the effort and commitment you've made is really impressive, and you deserve some success.

Not sure bum-features Cameron will legistlate on the subject, but Ofcom might give them a nudge.

By and large the type of production houses that make this stuff are more Kelvin MacKenzie than Richard Attenbrough. Unless Ofcom rule, the approach is likely to become more rather than less extreme.

thank you huguenot l do my best, l have many other campaigns going also please feel free to join and check out my website for details www.allanimalsdeserverespect.moonfruit.com

l am also disgusted and sickened at the prospect of these battery prison ideas for cows and pigs like they have in america, for any of those who didnt see the panorama special tonight there are plans to open an enormous dairy prison where all cows will be kept in large airplane style hangers 24/7 stacked together in many floors with barely room to

lie down, they wont get to go outside at all in their lives and will be given antibiotics to counterbalance their lack of sunlight and grass, there are also plans to have a similar type thing with pigs who are pumped into full grown size within 5months as opposed to the normal 2-3years.

lts a scarey thought that soon there will be no more animals grazing in fields and no more farms all to make milk or meat that few pence cheaper, but what will be the after effects of all this meddleing with nature, lm so glad l dont eat meat we are going backwards in our treatments of animals not forwards.

wildlife+punk Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> l am also disgusted and sickened at the prospect

> of these battery prison ideas for cows and pigs

> like they have in america, for any of those who

> didnt see the panorama special tonight there are

> plans to open an enormous dairy prison where all

> cows will be kept in large airplane style hangers

> 24/7 stacked together in many floors with barely

> room to lie down, they wont get to go outside at all in

> their lives and will be given antibiotics to

> counterbalance their lack of sunlight and grass,

> there are also plans to have a similar type thing

> with pigs who are pumped into full grown size

> within 5months as opposed to the normal 2-3years.

>

> lts a scarey thought that soon there will be no

> more animals grazing in fields and no more farms

> all to make milk or meat that few pence cheaper,

> but what will be the after effects of all this

> meddleing with nature, lm so glad l dont eat meat

> we are going backwards in our treatments of

> animals not forwards.

xxxxxxxx

That is really revolting.

I eat meat occasionally, but so far as I have control over it, only free range meat.

I used to live on an organic farm and the animals had a great life - until they went off to be slaughtered (sorry, that's not supposed to be funny) - but the fact is, if people didn't eat meat, sheep cows pigs etc would not be part of our countryside at all.

The farmers took such enormous care of their animals, and used natural remedies wherever possible.

it was a really difficult and shocking programme to watch the thing is without farms and farmers there will fewer people to look after the countryside, the farmers are going out of business at an alarming rate because the supermarkets want everything at such cheap prices and as the "product" in the case of milk, eggs etc are perishable they have to accept stupid prices which then means they cant pay off debts and go out of business.

lf only more people had bought direct from farms instead of thinking cheap is better then maybe there would be more farms in business, this will all have a detrimental effect on our countryside and wildlife, but hey what does the government care at least the milk, eggs and meat will be cheap, tasteless but cheap.

strange thing was the dairy farmer who was on the programme who had just gone out of business, was flown over to america to see these cow prisons, and stood there looking up at floor after floor of hundreds of cows standing like zombies with nowhere to lie down and said how happy they looked???

wildlife+punk Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> it was a really difficult and shocking programme

> to watch the thing is without farms and farmers

> there will fewer people to look after the

> countryside

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes, and noone seems to realise that

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

, the farmers are going out of business

> at an alarming rate because the supermarkets want

> everything at such cheap prices and as the

> "product" in the case of milk, eggs etc are

> perishable they have to accept stupid prices which

> then means they cant pay off debts and go out of

> business.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

People want things as cheap as possible - that's human nature, I do it myself.

And we don't think of the consequences, or aren't aware of them

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>

> lf only more people had bought direct from farms

> instead of thinking cheap is better then maybe

> there would be more farms in business, this will

> all have a detrimental effect on our countryside

> and wildlife, but hey what does the government

> care at least the milk, eggs and meat will be

> cheap, tasteless but cheap.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Totally agree