Can anyone recommend a good Santa's Grotto?

Bobbaz

We went to Selfridges last year and am pretty sure it was free. They do a little train ride for the kids (it only goes around and around in one big room but the kids don't seem to care) and then it stops and you go through a door to visit Santa. They make their money by charging for photos but you don't have to buy one. I think it was pretty good although you may not want the hassle of going into town.

Selfridge's will probably be sold out as well. It's great if you can get in though. Not free, but under ?10.

Leed's Castle does a wonderful one. It's easy to get to off of the M20. I'll bet it's quicker to get there than to Selfridge's! Last year there was snow and it was just magical. Oh and they had done up all the rooms in the castle as fairy tale themes. Santa gives a decent gift too. Highly recommend.

I can highly rec a trip to hyde park winter wonderland. Starts today. Free to get in. Its like thorpe park meets a german christmas market.

Its a lovely afternoon out. All of the rides are christmas themed, with stalls selling presents, mulled wine, and yummy things to eat.

Free to go in and walk around and towards the back there is santaland.

in santaland there is a little train going around and there is rides for little ones. then there is santa sitting waiting to see the children.

Its free to see him and they get a small gift(chocolate santas) you are free to take pictures they take a group one of you with santa which you can buy if you want to but no pressure to buy it if you dont want to.

We went on a week day and there was no que walked straight up to him. There are barriers set out though so I imagine it will get busy at a weekend.

It was 2 tokens for the rides for the children and tokens were ?1 each last year. Not sure how much for the adult rides.

There is also christmas tunes playing, a big wheel, a circus and an outdoor icerink.

A perfect afternoon out to get you in the mood and makes the trip into town more worthwile as everyone has a lovely time.

Our daughter was 2 last year when we took her and she loved it.

Going back for her birthday next week.

Selfridges Santa's grotto starts this weekend. Tickets are still available, even for next week. We were at Harrods last week, my daughters were very pleased and still expecting Santa to fly over dulwich to drop off their Christmas wishes. Not going to Selfridges as I figured it will be similar experience.

Have done Selfridges and Harrods and much prefered Selfridges. Case of train ride versus standing queueing at Harrods and you get a longer slot with Santa at Selfridges. Booked Selfridges again for last week and there are still slots free.