8 June

Nigello

Labour's campaign so far under is preaching to an ever dwindling pool converted. Maybe the Manifesto will change that but I doubt it.

Eg LET'S focus on: the NHS

- remember in Copeland hospital was closing and the Tories STILL won that bi-election. Many people not in the Echo chamber see a crisis coming in the NHS but don't see the reasons as necessarily (and certainly not soley) being a lack investment; some see it as a result of immigration (not me but many) some people see it as catastrophically inefficient and in need of massive reform (me)...many don't blame this on the Tories. I don't think this has the anti-tory legs that the left think

On the economy they (him and McDonnell) now sound terrible with ridiculous wealth and big business bashing and tap turning on unsustainable spending promises - don't they realise how many of us actually work for big business? How much tax it generates? I think even some of the banker bashers realise this now, yu can'y have decent public services without wealth creation and big business employees (Brexit has focussed this). I'm personally genuienly believe a Labour Govt under Corbyn would bankrupt us quicker than you can say 'Turn on the printing presses" as big companies moved out; tax take dropped and him and McD went on spending spree.

Finally the dossier of idiotic quotes from Corbyn and his various lieutenants pasts the Tory's have ready to dump on him is immense - they've not even started on this. He can't escape his ridiculous student politics stuck in the 70s - his west hating ideology; his cosying up to terrorists - nor should he be allowed too and this will start dripping out anytime soon. He's not fit to get anywhere near 10 Downing Street and I think the majority of the public realise that - i certainly hope so or we are really fecked.

He really is a thick (and slightly passive aggressive) bloke who hasn't had an original idea since the 80s who somehow unbelievably is heading up what was a great and important political party at a time when in all honest the tories would normally be preparing for a huge kicking!

Ominously for Labour they lost a local govt seat in Harrow to the Tories on an 8% swing last night - ok very small beer but still.

Or do you want to know what i really think?

steveo Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> This one will have you rolling in your aisle

> Quids

>

> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39659304

Yes I've seen it, laughable - is she in the Shadow Cabinet? - I even saw a terrible tweet from Clive Lewis this morning, who people talk about as a saviour of the party. I've voted Labour 4 times in elections - i can't see me ever going back. They are useless and hopeless. Not saying the Tories and SDP are great but they are miles ahead of the shambles that is Labour nowadays.

red devil Wrote:

> Spot on Quids, the Tories should be there for the taking. Many people won't vote Labour because they

> think economically the UK would be worse off under Corbyn than Brexit. That's some achievement...

If you don't want Brexit, vote Lib-Dems.

If you want Brexit, vote Tory.

If you vote Labour you get Corbyn AND Brexit. That's the economic equivalent of putting your dangly bits into a tree shredder.

It became clear in the last 24 hours of campaigning that:

1 We are not leaving the EU at all (to paraphrase a Eurosceptic Tory MP were we to "give in" to the understandable demands of the EU that we maintain ECJ rights for EU citizens here as a condition of any deal, and not least because the Tories have now signalled that immigration cannot be controlled without destroying the economy - so there will be quotas for those industries which need them).

2 The Lib Dems are raising record funds (so crucial for national advertising in our so called democracy).

I wonder if the new looseness on immigration is because Tory business donors are being a bit reluctant to cough up. Either we have a hard brexit (which May knows would be catastrophic) or we have an illusion of brexit: no small surprise no TV debates then.

Who knows what the ten ledges of the Labour Party are?

"The next Labour government will create a National Investment Bank to invest in our people, our infrastructure and our services. It will introduce a national living wage, it will feed all our primary school children decent and free lunchtime meals, it will rebalance our taxation system in favour of the majority of workers and, it will take back control of our rail franchises from the economies of the other European countries and multi-national corporations who currently own them and return the flow of rail industry profits back to the service of the Britain?s economy.

Loz Wrote:

> red devil Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Spot on Quids, the Tories should be there for

> the taking. Many people won't vote Labour because

> they

> > think economically the UK would be worse off

> under Corbyn than Brexit. That's some

> achievement...

>

> If you don't want Brexit, vote Lib-Dems.

>

> If you want Brexit, vote Tory.

>

> If you vote Labour you get Corbyn AND Brexit.

> That's the economic equivalent of putting your

> dangly bits into a tree shredder.

I'll vote tactically to provide the best opposition to the Tories

Dogkennelhillbilly Wrote:

> Corbyn is avoiding the potential embarrassment of

> parachuting his son into a Labour safe seat by

> destroying the concept of a Labour safe seat...

Prescott's son hoping to also (one of Corbyns speech writers)

Mays spin Doctors have also resigned (to move on to other things)

Labour dynasties.....Kinnock-Mandleson-Prescott-Corbyn...anymore?

+ add Straw et al in related think tank/pressure groups and Mrs Kinnock in the EU Commissioners free ride (RIP)

at least they've now only one household with 2 MPs in it (Domey/Harman) since Balls went

Jobs & gold plated pensions for life in the good old old boys/keep it in the family network that is the Labour Party...

"Fight the rigged, privileged Tory system" lol

Hypocrites

Great shooting herself in the foot moment from May today over foreign aid. The promise to keep it appeals to cosmopolitans (like me) who she said she was moving away from (oh dear, is she afraid of the Lib Dems all of a sudden :-)). This will alienate in droves the UKIP supporters she was wooing (see posts by the rabid brexiters that post on the BBC HYS website). Combined with the policy to abandon tax limitation, and particularly the end of the 'triple lock' on pensioners incomes, means she could find herself in big trouble (at least if we had ANY kind of opposition).

???? Wrote:

> steveo Wrote:

> -----

> > This one will have you rolling in your aisle Quids

> >

> > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39659304

>

>

> Yes I've seen it, laughable - is she in the Shadow Cabinet? - I even saw a terrible tweet from Clive

> Lewis this morning, who people talk about as a saviour of the party. I've voted Labour 4 times in

> elections - i can't see me ever going back. They are useless and hopeless. Not saying the Tories

> and SDP are great but they are miles ahead of the shambles that is Labour nowadays.

Although it was funny (in a toe curling way), I felt a bit sorry for her. She'd obviously been briefed to say, "They've rigged democracy by calling an election". How do you try and that explain logically? It's such a ridiculous concept.

But, she better get used to it. She's going to spend a lot of time in the next 47 days trying to explain the ridiculous.

Don't be sorry for her, she's a dope and she's got form.

She may have been programmed to say 'rigged' but isn't there anything else in the Labour 'manifesto'?

If Ms. Butler's got any sense(?), she'll take gardening leave but those expenses are just so damned addictive.

Otta Wrote:

>

> I just hope Corbyn will fnck the fnck off on 9th June (have a nasty feeling he won't), and that

> Labour put a woman at the helm (Heidi Alexander maybe...).

Diane Abbott, more likely...

Personally, I don't care if they are male or female, I just want someone who can do the job properly.

Of the runners and riders at Oddschecker, there are a few possibilities (Cooper, Umunna, Alexander, Khan, maybe Clive Lewis), a couple of never-gonna-happens (David Miliband, Balls, Harman), a few haven't-heard-much-about-thems (Rebecca Long Bailey, Lisa Nandy, Dan Jarvis) and the rest are generally morons (Thornberry, Starmer, Abbott, McDonnell, Angela Eagle, Owen Smith). It's all rather depressing.

Of the decent ones, Cooper is pretty good, Umunna might be a little too centrist for Labour, Alexander is OK and Khan, the best bet, probably isn't in the running.

But you just know that, with the current Labour membership, its going to be McDonnell or Abbott, isn't it?

steveo Wrote:

> Don't be sorry for her, she's a dope and she's got

> form.

And she repeatedly uses the "I'm trying to explain to you" tactic so favoured by the woolly left which implies you are too thick or reactionary to grasp her point whist she remains the epitome of reasoned argument. Which she isn't, by the way.

What the Conservatives needed was a Strong opposition and the Labour Party failed to provide that through bringing them to book at PMQ's. This resulted in the Conservatives doing as they pleased. Regretfully this will continue until Labour can ask the right questions to make the Conservatives sit up and be brought to account. Until then things will continue to regress. The people will now dictate who next governs this nation. My fear is that a clear majority will not be returned and another coalition will prevail.

At a time of Brexit, whether you were in favour or against, the country decided its future. The Government needed to do as the people said. Cameron bottled it and slowly those around him are.have stepped away. May picked up the poison chalice and rather than providing stability has opted for a snap election. I fear it is a grave error of judgement and no doubt Europe are looking at the UK in disbelief, not knowing what next is going to happen.

Today the fear of tax rises are banded about, only to cause further uncertainty. Of course Ministers will neither confirm or deny these, So is just under seven weeks the electorate will determine the fate/future of this nation.

Hold tight as the next six weeks will be a bumpy roller-coaster in the world of politics and look forward to 9th June with a New World Order.

Loz Wrote:

> Otta Wrote:

> -----

>

> >

> > I just hope Corbyn will fnck the fnck off on 9th

> June (have a nasty feeling he won't), and that

> > Labour put a woman at the helm (Heidi Alexander

> maybe...).

>

> Diane Abbott, more likely...

>

> Personally, I don't care if they are male or

> female, I just want someone who can do the job

> properly.

>

> Of the runners and riders at Oddschecker, there

> are a few possibilities (Cooper, Umunna,

> Alexander, Khan, maybe Clive Lewis), a couple of

> never-gonna-happens (David Miliband, Balls,

> Harman), a few haven't-heard-much-about-thems

> (Rebecca Long Bailey, Lisa Nandy, Dan Jarvis) and

> the rest are generally morons (Thornberry,

> Starmer, Abbott, McDonnell, Angela Eagle, Owen

> Smith). It's all rather depressing.

>

> Of the decent ones, Cooper is pretty good, Umunna

> might be a little too centrist for Labour,

> Alexander is OK and Khan, the best bet, probably

> isn't in the running.

>

> But you just know that, with the current Labour

> membership, its going to be McDonnell or Abbott,

> isn't it?

Don't get me wrong, I'[m not too bothered about the gender, I just have a feeling it's time for a female Labour leader.

Umunna's biggest problem for me is that he's too London. I think right now that he'll just be seen as a metropolitan elite. I hate that phrase, but it's definitely thrown around a lot right now.

I can't actually think of many better Tory MPs either. Not just saying that to have a dig, my point is that the current crop of MPs across the board are pretty poor.

I guess there's always Hil;ary Benn, he strikes me as his own man, not his father's natural heir.

Otta Wrote:

> Don't get me wrong, I'm not too bothered about the gender, I just have a feeling it's time for

> a female Labour leader.

Well, the 2-0 jibe did rather irritate Labour...

> I can't actually think of many better Tory MPs either. Not just saying that to have a dig, my

> point is that the current crop of MPs across the board are pretty poor.

I did have a sentence along those lines in the post, but I deleted it just before posting as it seemed a bit 'stuck on'. But yes, as the previous Tory leadership race showed, the barrel is looking a bit empty there as well. They do have Ruth Davidson, who is terrific, but I doubt she can be enticed to Westminster.

> I guess there's always Hilary Benn, he strikes me as his own man, not his father's natural heir.

He's a possible, but seems to have missed his moment.