Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Quicker than a car…crikey how fast do they go?   I have PTSD from a folding bike I had as a kid that snapped in half when I did a jump! I look at things like this and Bromptons and get the fear which is why I stick to sturdier bikes!
    • Earl…that isn’t misinformation it comes from the very report the 20% increase (in cycling stages) claim was taken from and regurgitated by many without actually checking the facts. Unless, of course, you are saying that TFL is spreading misinformation….;-)   Here are all the reports: https://tfl.gov.uk/corporate/publications-and-reports/travel-in-london-reports   Then scroll down to the Travel in London 2023 - Active Travel trends (pasted below to make it easy for you to find) and then you’ll find everything I have quoted from page 13…. https://content.tfl.gov.uk/travel-in-london-2023-active-travel-trends-acc.pdf   And I am actually shocked that, despite all the investment, that growth has been minimal…hardly the 10x growth Will Norman claimed was coming…..   Cycling made up 4.5 per cent of trips in London on an average day in 2022, up from 3.6 per cent in 2019.      
    • Because it's affordable and plenty of choice.   It's a changing and will continue to do so. As with most areas going through the gentrification process it will be all about the night time economy meaning a saturation of drinking holes and ' cool and vibrant ' licensed eateries. Brixton mark 2. I think Covid slowed down the pace of change in the next ' up and coming ' areas and has given many prospective ventures itchy feet and pause for thought because there's less footfall and disposable cash than there was pre covid. Brixton for example is much quieter and visibly down on numbers in both bars and eateries. Across London clubs and music venues are dropping like flies.
    • Looking for a heavy duty clothes rail, 5 or 6ft.  Please message if you are getting rid of one. Thanks.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In