Parking Fine Outside Sainsbury's Local on Lordship Lane

RicB

I've never seen a traffic warden "hiding in the bushes" and the point is, if you don't park there they can't fine you its as simple as that.

The councils are laughing all the way to the bank because drivers in London are lazy, thoughtless and completely stupid as far as I can tell.

Senor chevalier is bang on. If parking authorities adopt policies that are consistent with the basic purpose of parking regulation i.e. to keep traffic flowing then they can expect public support. Where policies are designed to maximise revenue, regardless of the impact on traffic flow, people will moan, and with good cause.

Car ownership in real terms has never been cheaper. So the increase in congestion Simonet refers to is related to that and increasing car ownership.

I can sympathasise with being miffed seeing others park outside this Sainsburys without getting a ticket. Ironically if the wardens were much more present someone would have started a thread about zealous ticketing rather than the implied ticketing having been so lax RicB thought they could park there thread this appears to start as.

[stoo] Nobody is disputing your indisputable logic that the way to avoid all risk is to avoid parking there. However, humans whether drivers in London (ergo "completely stupid"), cyclists or whatever occasionally make mistakes and some of us think that it would be a nicer world if any wardens that happened to be passing doffed their cap at tax-paying citizens and simply asked them to move along...

If it's a calculated risk then more the fool you and you have to take it on the chin.

Similarly, some people argue that speeding tickets represent good value when you amortise them across all the times you speed and don't get caught... Absolutely no sympathy for frequent speeders moaning about the time they were caught.

Thing that pees people off though is the underhand behaviour of some wardens. This moved the policy-makers in Wandsworth to include a provision in their parking policy that says that wardens should give motorists the opportunity to move first and act helpfully.

Not sure if wardens are commission-based in Southwark or whether Southwark Council are happy for their wardens to act the way they do in the hypothetical situation of them spotting an offense and keeping quiet. Would be interesting to know whether this is the intended / endorsed behaviour...

Listen, I have seen parking attendant scum more than once put tickets on limousines waiting outside a funeral directors while people are getting in (too upset to be hurried), on their way to a funeral.

I have seen a woman with her clearly disabled child who was having a fit, trying to rush to her car in view of the parking attendant, but having to calm down and wait with her sick child, while the scum put a ticket on her car which had a time limit on it but she had a disabled kid and they don't do timetables.

I have witnessed seeing a woman taking her very elderly mother back to the car only to see the car being towed away (even with a disabled badge in its window) because the car was in the bay for a minute over the three hours or however long they are given, and the woman said her mother had had a bad turn in the store so had been looked after by staff till she was well again to leave the store.

As long as money is involved and you are fining not educating or advising, they are scum. Meanwhile, the fact that along a red route or bus route which is supposed to be free of traffic you get little parking bays jutting out (the one outside Greyhound pub comes to mind, as well as the ones on the east bound bit at Vauxhall by the Oval) which are very much in the way, and there to make money, it is clear where the priorities are.

Apart from this I have no opinions on the matter. ;)

My husband got a ticket outside sainsbury's local a few months back and contested it as at the time the parking signs were not clear. Not sure whether the signs have since been updated but he was successful and they cancelled the fine. Might be worth trying....

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqOX9tVdbaRujMvXoGWdSlQExz_nV-n4vX2h5Ke9Em7qPA_HwY

I guess it's OK to go on the grass if there is no one around to check.

Of course, there is a parking warden at every bay; its called a sign. Pull up, get out your car, read the sign, read it again just to make sure, then do as advised. Simples.

I agree anyone who parks in Bus Lanes are inconsiderate and deserve all they get.

However I would like to hear a response to the "scum" examples Peckham Rose mentions.

Does anyone think any tickets should have been issued in the those examples?

What happened to discretion or flexibility or compassion or common sense?

I'll give you an example of an Officer's good nature and judgement. I had 9 points on my Licence and in a huge traffic jam around the old Trafalgar Square did a U-Turn in the middle of the Square and entered Whitehall. I was the only car that broke free of the traffic that was totally stationary. Heard the sound of sirens and knew another 3 points meant a Court appearance and I needed my car for work.

Male and Female Police Officer got out . Decades of experience told me to try to smooth it over with the Male Officer as I've always found 99% of Female Officers ( of almost any type) "stick to the letter of the book with no adaptability whatsoever). That has been my 40 year work experience so no aoplogies for having that view.

Told the Policeman, when we were alone, that I had 9 points and was sorry and I would behave impeccably in future.

After some thought and hearing the excuse/reason I made about the complete stranger who got into my car in Piccadilly Circus in the traffic, a few minutes earlier, and asked me to take him to Harrow ! lol and that I was shook up by the whole experience he let me go with only a final warning and no points. He actually told me to f+++ Off . lol

I thanked him profusely and he repeated that I should f+++ Off b4 his colleague came back from the vehicle check.

I was so relieved and grateful that in the last 12 years I have never received any points and done everything by the book.

All Thanks to that kind Officer who showed some FLEXIBILITY.

I once had my leg blown off rescuing starving children from a catastrophic house fire. Under pressure from their desperate and weakening screams I carelessly pulled up outside Sainsbury's Local and didn't give a shit about anyone else whilst I bought 20 Benson's.

As I hauled myself back across the pavement by the fingertips trying to save the unborn child of a charity worker a warden stamped on my balls and urinated on my face. Whilst he wrote the ticket I left blood trails down the paintwork as my broken hand sought to open the car door.

Can anyone explain that?

Simonet Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Male and Female Police Officer got out . Decades

> of experience told me to try to smooth it over

> with the Male Officer as I've always found 99% of

> Female Officers ( of almost any type) "stick to

> the letter of the book with no adaptability

> whatsoever). That has been my 40 year work

> experience so no aoplogies for having that view.

Yeah, bloody bitches. Yeah! (you see Huguenot, YOU SEE..!)

Oh my sainted aunt. Huguenot, you are a bloody war hero, and those Parking Warden SCUMSUCKERS should be CRUCIFIED on Lordship Lane for the edification and jollies of the good drivers of East Dulwich who can damn well park wherever they damn well please, goddammit.

But the issue is that in a nice world the attendants would have waved away the car.

We live in a world where they want you to park there so that they get the 'quota'

MitchK Wrote:

> Serves you right, you were illegally parked.

>

> Happy New Year.

JohnL Wrote:

> We live in a world where they want you to park

> there so that they get the 'quota'

I've seen traffic wardens disguise themselves by donning a burka, and casually leaning against the sign that says NO PARKING, so that the poor defenceless driver parks there, entirely innocently.

As soon as the driver's out of the car, they tear off the burka and ticket the poor victim, those bastards. Scum of the earth.

Well logically if the operation was outsourced (don't know if it is)

The job of the outsourced manager would be to make sure that the next contract is signed/extended (and thus get as many motorists caught as possible) without getting caught making it look like he or his staff is doing so on purpose :)

The job of the non outsourced manager would be to do the opposite to save costs.

Society is funny sometimes.

RosieH Wrote:

> JohnL Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > We live in a world where they want you to park

> > there so that they get the 'quota'

>

> I've seen traffic wardens disguise themselves by

> donning a burka, and casually leaning against the

> sign that says NO PARKING, so that the poor

> defenceless driver parks there, entirely

> innocently.

>

> As soon as the driver's out of the car, they tear

> off the burka and ticket the poor victim, those

> bastards. Scum of the earth.

RosieH Wrote:

> Simonet Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

>

> > Male and Female Police Officer got out .

> Decades

> > of experience told me to try to smooth it over

> > with the Male Officer as I've always found 99%

> of

> > Female Officers ( of almost any type) "stick to

> > the letter of the book with no adaptability

> > whatsoever). That has been my 40 year work

> > experience so no aoplogies for having that

> view.

>

> Yeah, bloody bitches. Yeah! (you see Huguenot, YOU

> SEE..!)

>

> I remember my 1st job when Hilda said proudly "I do everything by the book!"...this way there is no risk involved and you can't get the blame for anything if you "stick to the book".

Don't want to take any risks. Don't want to receive the blame. ummmm:-$