Cinema to ED?

mate, the support you may think your post has garnered will not materialise - dont waste your time - these mugs are living in some kind of Imaginary Richard Curtis theme park of their own making. As poster above has mentioned, The Ritzy is only 15 mins away on public transport. Good luck with the venture anyway.

Hi pablogrande

Most of the major Cinemas in the country closed down or turned into Bingo halls 30+ years ago.

We have survived without them ever since.

Cinemas in the West End have survived for the Screening of Block Buster films.

Fine for a night out with a Pre/Post screening meal/beer.

Dulwich Odeon was one of the victims of the 70s/80s closures.

I think they already show some films at the Old Nun's Head close to East Dulwich Sunday nights.

I with a few others are trying to muster up intrest for a local Camera group.

Despite people showing interest, getting people to turn up is a different story.

Good luck anyway.

Had another thought this afternoon while listening to a couple of Dulwich yummy mummies chatting in Luca.

Apparently they're not at all keen on the idea of schlepping their offspring to the cinemas in Peckham or Brixton because they aren't comfortable about them "mixing with the locals".

I'm not going to comment on the attitude one way or the other, but it's a niche market that might offer an opportunity.

Mrs Expat

I used to live near an old bingo hall in another part of South London. When it closed down, some of us locals looked into the possibility of getting it turned into a cinema and were told that no one would set up a cinema that wasn't within a couple of minutes of a tube station, as local suburban customers aren't enough to support a local cinema these days. A cinema club with subscribing members is probably an option to explore.

I don't think I'd go either, especially as there's nothing I love more than going to the cinema alone, being completely engrossed in the film I've chosen. The Ritzy is my favourite and although not quite 10 mins away- more like around half hour bus ride- I'm still happy to make that journey.

Maybe something for the mums and babes here but I'm not sure others would really use it.