Disneyland Paris Help!

sarz

Hi all, im going to disneyland paris soon and my husband lost his job so we will not have alot of money to take as planned.

If anyone has been and can you give advice on cheap places to eat with the kids, that would be great.

Thank you

we went last year and stayed just outside of the resort in a hotel that had a shuttle service to the resort... have to say that i did not find anywhere cheap to eat as i saw very little other options that what was available there but then also we never looked... IMO the food there is awful and very expensive..

I second what craigy said - the food is a complete rip off and really quite horrible! We ended up in McDonalds one night as we'd realised that burgers and chips seemed to be the standard offering wherever you went but at least we wouldn't have to pay 25 euros for a kids meal of horrible processed chicken

By the way I am not a food snob by any means and have no objection to the odd burger or chicken nuggets, but they really are rubbish at disneyland!

If staying in a hotel outside the resort you could ask them to make you a simple packed lunch to take in with you?

Those who have been - what age do you think is ideal? I have a 6 year old who is desparate to visit, but at just 2 I think her little sister needs to be a little older to really enjoy/get the most from the trip......???? I'm thinking when they are 4 and 8 it might be ideal.

(Sorry to hijack the thread a bit sarz).......

Hi Molly

We went in September when my daughters were 5 and 2 and a half. We went with friends who had a 3 year old and a baby. My 2 year old really enjoyed it. There were enough rides that she was able to go on and she really loved all the parades and shows.

I on the other hand found it totally exhausting and manic and after 3 days was completely disney-ed out!!

We have been.

We took in our own food / drink. Not only is it expensive, but there is only junk which doesn't taste too good if you have to have it for every meal.

Don't take in a knife to cut fruit as they will confiscate it!

And be prepared to either spend a fortune on tat or say NO!

4 and 8 would be good ages. Ours were 9 and 11. The main park has all the Disney characters, etc, so I'm sure your 2 year old would enjoy it, but it might be more memorable when she's a bit older?

hi sarz, I am sorry but i have to agree with everyone above,we have gone for the past 4 years and it is very expensive to eat there,we are 2 adults and 2 children and the cost of a evening meal was always around ?80-?100 and we are not drinkers!!!,by the 3rd year we obviously knew how expensive it was so we took cereal bars and crisps etc with us to cut the cost down,if you are staying in one of the disney hotels then you will be bed and breakfast,the breakfast has quite a wide range and most of the brits was making up petit pan rolls with ham and cheese and also taking chocolate croissant's,fruit and yoghurts for lunch because its expensive in the parks,all of the food there is fast food (burgers,chips hotdogs) lunchtime in the parks worked out roughly 35 euro (?28) and 5 euro for a soft drink so over the 4 days we saved just over ?100 just on lunch,if you are not going over there with much money then this is the best advise i can give you, i hope this helps, GOOD LUCK!!!!

Tony

I agree with all the above comments on the food. My daughter has been there twice recently as a french exchange and the family happened to live in Marnee la Valee ( the town was built at the same time as the Park). She said there are lots of nice restaurants there at 'family ' prices. It might be worth the short trip there for your evening meal?

That said you probably won't want to leave the Park; we never got back to our hotel until about 10pm exhausted. Disneyland is a fabulous place for young families, I guarantee you'll love it.

Sorry about the work situation, hope your husband finds work soon. Can't think of a better escape for you all to be honest. Post back when you return, I'm sure many of us would love to hear about your trip.:)