Is a Trunki acceptable hand baggage on a flight?

craigy

Can anyone answer this question?

We are travelling to the US in a few weeks and my 4 yr old really wants a Gruffalo Trunki. However, do not want to buy one unless it can be hand baggage as will also be travelling with a 6 month old and all if the equipment that that involves...

Anyone travelled with one and took into onto the plane,

Thanks,

Craigy

We've taken ours as hand luggage to NZ, so they are fine. However I would say that I found it to be a real pain... fine when the kids are cooperating and happy to ride/pull it, but a real nuisance if you end up trying to pull/carry it especially if you have a baby to deal with as well.

We ended up leaving ours at home for the most recent flight!

Thanks Pickle- very good point, I too am thinking it will be a pain esp as 4 yr old has attention span of a goldfish and we will end up dealing with it so think I may try and sway him towards his new spiderman rucksack.... this is where the attention span of a goldfish comes in helpful as he will forget about the trunki as quick as he remembers it

Rucksack is definitely the way to go. Both of my kids (4 and 2.5) carried their own on the flights, with a selection of toys and books, and it was much easier.

If you decide you would like to take a Trunki, happy to lend you ours (not a Gruffalo one, just the basic blue one).

We had 'battles' over the Trunki last year - only 1 between both girls, youngest too small to ride it really, oldest OK, but better pulling it herself - but of course they both wanted to do that!

However...the inner bags you get for the Trunkis are great - designed so you can store the stuff you might want on the flight or in the car, and with clips so you can attach it to the seat pocket in front of you, and they can then access all their bits and bobs.

So - think if anything I'd get the Trunki Inner which would then probably slip ito most decent size rucksacks etc.

Molly