miga Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Clearly the most effective way to reduce spending

> is to eliminate anyone over 65 in a one off budget

> rebalancing cull. Apart from reducing the pensions

> bill, this will solve the housing crisis as well

> as the NHS capacity issues.

Not concerned when you hit 65?

May as well ban families of more than two children, introduce gender screening to ensure there is the correct balance and make entire families live together in a community forever rather than insist the new adults fly the nest at the earliest opportunity *sigh

miga Wrote:

> Clearly the most effective way to reduce spending

> is to eliminate anyone over 65 in a one off budget

> rebalancing cull. Apart from reducing the pensions

> bill, this will solve the housing crisis as well

> as the NHS capacity issues.

Why stop with eliminating the old? - eliminate the sick, the disabled, the poor & the unemployed & you can have your ideal eugenicist utopia that the gallant Nazi cousins fought for. Then the ?258billion saved would build all the houses that were needed - solution all round. Fixed.

Way back in the 1970s the WRP had a manifesto which included setting up a workers' militia instead of the police, locking everyone up who was a drug addict or alcoholic- because apparently in their 'utopia' people would not need these escapes - some of the members I met were teachers, Vanessa Redgrave and her late brother, Robert Powell popped up at a spring fair fund raiser, and Mungo Jerry (the band) played at the conference.

These ideas do not go away- their adherents are just better than they used to be at hiding them...

uncleglen Wrote:

> Way back in the 1970s the WRP had a manifesto

> which included setting up a workers' militia

> instead of the police, locking everyone up who was

> a drug addict or alcoholic- because apparently in

> their 'utopia' people would not need these escapes

> - some of the members I met were teachers, Vanessa

> Redgrave and her late brother, Robert Powell

> popped up at a spring fair fund raiser, and Mungo

> Jerry (the band) played at the conference.

> These ideas do not go away- their adherents are

> just better than they used to be at hiding them...

Way back in the 1960s some Tory candidates campaigned with the slogan "If you want a nigger neighbour, vote Labour." These ideas don't go away, and their adherents don't even bother trying to hide them.

rendelharris Wrote:

> uncleglen Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Way back in the 1970s the WRP had a manifesto

> > which included setting up a workers' militia

> > instead of the police, locking everyone up who

> was

> > a drug addict or alcoholic- because apparently

> in

> > their 'utopia' people would not need these

> escapes

> > - some of the members I met were teachers,

> Vanessa

> > Redgrave and her late brother, Robert Powell

> > popped up at a spring fair fund raiser, and

> Mungo

> > Jerry (the band) played at the conference.

> > These ideas do not go away- their adherents are

> > just better than they used to be at hiding

> them...

>

> Way back in the 1960s some Tory candidates

> campaigned with the slogan "If you want a nigger

> neighbour, vote Labour." These ideas don't go

> away, and their adherents don't even bother trying

> to hide them.

You just can't resist the urge to scratch that itch you have ,can you? Or is pouring salt in your own wounds?

I actually like seeing a variety of political posters in windows. It shows a degree of serious engagement with the electoral process. I've never had any sympathy with people who don't even vote and yet feel free to grumble about the society they live in.

Green Goose Wrote:

> You just can't resist the urge to scratch that

> itch you have ,can you? Or is pouring salt in your

> own wounds?

Just to save you time and trolling energy, after this message I've decided to ignore your childish attempts at provocation in the same way I'm now deleting your tedious private messages unread - do stop sending them, even you must have better things to do with your life than to harass people who couldn't care less about your opinions via private message. If you ever have anything to say which is actually relevant to discussion, do post it - in public - and I'll be glad to debate. Until then, your drivel will be ignored, both publicly and privately.

rendelharris Wrote:

> Green Goose Wrote:

>

> > You just can't resist the urge to scratch that

> > itch you have ,can you? Or is pouring salt in

> your

> > own wounds?

>

> Just to save you time and trolling energy, after

> this message I've decided to ignore your childish

> attempts at provocation in the same way I'm now

> deleting your tedious private messages unread - do

> stop sending them, even you must have better

> things to do with your life than to harass people

> who couldn't care less about your opinions via

> private message. If you ever have anything to say

> which is actually relevant to discussion, do post

> it - in public - and I'll be glad to debate.

> Until then, your drivel will be ignored, both

> publicly and privately.

You get PMs? I feel strangely jealous! ;-)

*suggests a group hug... ?

Lordship 516 Wrote:

> miga Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Clearly the most effective way to reduce

> spending

> > is to eliminate anyone over 65 in a one off

> budget

> > rebalancing cull. Apart from reducing the

> pensions

> > bill, this will solve the housing crisis as

> well

> > as the NHS capacity issues.

>

> Why stop with eliminating the old? - eliminate the

> sick, the disabled, the poor & the unemployed &

> you can have your ideal eugenicist utopia that

> the gallant Nazi cousins fought for. Then the

> ?258billion saved would build all the houses that

> were needed - solution all round. Fixed.

Let's not over reach, one group at a time. We've done the immigrants, let's do the elderly next and see where we end up, yeah?

Without bringing the thread down a notch (like LOL) - it will be a brave party - and possibly forward thinking - that moots the idea of allowing an end of life option for those with sound minds and the ability to choose an end to suffering.

/ends

Winder Wrote:

> One sees the odd house with a poster in the window

> or a bill board in the front yard saying " VOTE

> for ****".

>

> Is this naff or should we all be doing it?

One of the houses on my street has stuck up handwritten anti-Labour messages that they've had their young children write / draw. Things about 'no magic money tree' and 'McDonnell is a Marxist' etc.

Labour Banners get left alone Tory ones graffitied, torn down or ripped up such is the general decency, commitment to a 'gentler, kinder politics' and respect of democracy from the wonderful and enlightened harridans of Maomentum etc

???? Wrote:

> and some of them are right up top of your party =

> policy, advisors, McDonnells secret army

Yeah, I know...I know.

V

Honestly? I generally try to be a moderate. I hold strident views on certain things but for the most part I believe in the value of compromise and cooperation, there are times when I recognise my view is not the majority view and I accept that. I live in a democracy and while I'm free to argue my case and complain about the outcome, losing sometimes is part of that. I also don't subscribe to the narrative that the Tory party is evil personified. I disagree with a large parts of what they do, but I also like having free and fair elections and so again, losing is sometimes part of the price I pay for living where I do.

But a strong Labour Party - or any party - has a role to play as effective opposition, without which any government can run amoke. But I'm very nervous about what will emerge the other side of the GE. I simply don't understand some of what Corbyn is doing. I keep thinking that somehow Labour will suddenly coalesce into this coherent and unified party with a sense of purpose and an understanding of the electorate.

And then Dianne Abbott gets on TV again and I'm reminded that however principled and honourable Jeremy Corbym might believe himself to be, he's surrounded by some complete tools.