Brexit View

Loz

BJ seems intent on distracting everyone from the fact that he won't keep his promise to leave the EU by the 31st (or die in a ditch), by 'offering' to allow parliament discuss his WA, if they will agree to a GE in December. Shouldn't they be debating the WA agreement anyway?

The reason is that they don't want no deal. Remember that was BJ's bargaining tool and the Brexiteers cry that the the other members wanted a deal more than the UK did. Shame that Macron pushed for the tighter extension last time rather than a year. Will he push even harder this time?

If we'd had the whole year to sort of this bag of manure would it have made a difference?

Ww marched last week when I expect most of us thought that the game was up. It then felt like a false dawn when I watched the political programmes on Sunday rather than taking it easy with music on the radio. Particularly after hearing from Letwin on Sunday - his intervention being purely to move to a deal.

And here we are a week later no further on. What are the facts? One remains. Johnson is not to be trusted. Or should I say Johnson and his team are not to be trusted.

Jezza is pretty rubbish but has some integrity. Cameron had some integrity. May had some integrity. BJ is a smart cookie and I don't think that RM and DC are pulling his strings - RM I expect is means to an end.

I can't find a clip of Grieve last night on Newsnight saying about BJ being dishonest so this one will have to do www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2019/oct/02/dominic-grieve-accuses-dominic-cummings-of-lying-to-undermine-mps-video

Am I right about any of this?

Now that we another extension to the end of January if we need it, we can come out before that date with a deal, have a general election before that date, revoke A50 (if LibDems win) and not come out at all, have a hung parliament if there's no majority, go 100% no deal if BJ and the Stormtroopers win hands down, fall into a Farage situation (is this at all possible?), have yet another extension if the current deal fails to be approved.

Is a GE going to solve anything regardless as to when it happens? The B-word isn't going away whether it's the current parliament or a new one, which will of course have most of the same MPs in it.

And lastly can a fresh referendum be forced. If so would it or should it be binary as was the last, or should it be 1 No deal, 2. Deal, 3. Remain. Suely Remain would win since the Leave vote is in itself split.

All that's possible in theory. Not sure why there's been this big thing about this latest 'flextension', as it's inherent in A50 that if we agree a deal before the extension end date we could leave early.

A referendum can't be forced though, just as Johnson has found out he couldn't force Brexit if there isn't a majority for it in Parliament. Legislation needs to passed before it can happen. As for what such a ref should ask, would've thought one of the deals the EU has agreed to v Remain...

ETA: If in an election the Brexit Party advocating No Deal won more votes then the Tories advocating Johnson's deal, then there's a good argument to say that No Deal should be on the ref ballot paper instead

dulwichbloke Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Alan Medic Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > We are currently in danger of exiting the EU

> next

> > week. There is no reason for the EU to offer an

> > extension.

The point of this is?

dulwichbloke Wrote:

> JohnL Wrote:

> -----

> > Election, Eu citizens voting, 16-17 year old

> > voting it's all kicking off.

> >

> > Everyone saying boris looks knackered.

>

> Don't worry - those last ditch attempts to rig the

> election appear to be failing.

ditch lol :) - got to say Labour seem to be hitting the ground running this morning - seems like they were ready to go. Monday should be the new Speaker election - wouldn't be surprised if Harriet Harman has been canvassing quietly (saw an interview with her on Sky where she seemed very confident). Means my vote wouldn't matter if Peckham is uncontested.

dulwichbloke Wrote:

> Lindsay Hoyle is the bookies' odds on favourite,

> so you might yet get to vote.

He is - but I saw a Sky News interview with Harman and she gave me the impression it was done and dusted (maybe that's the impression she wanted to give).

JohnL Wrote:

> dulwichbloke Wrote:

> -----

> > JohnL Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > Election, Eu citizens voting, 16-17 year old

> > > voting it's all kicking off.

> > >

> > > Everyone saying boris looks knackered.

> >

> > Don't worry - those last ditch attempts to rig

> the

> > election appear to be failing.

>

> ditch lol :) - got to say Labour seem to be

> hitting the ground running this morning - seems

> like they were ready to go. Monday should be the

> new Speaker election - wouldn't be surprised if

> Harriet Harman has been canvassing quietly (saw an

> interview with her on Sky where she seemed very

> confident). Means my vote wouldn't matter if

> Peckham is uncontested.

Harriet Hartman really wants the Speaker role. She, however, was absent for the GE vote yesterday.

There haven't been any yet - maybe it was just a threat. Or maybe they've been Flextended till the end of January, like Brexit. Actually I do think threat was indeed an element to projected riots, but at the same time I can see disorder (probably limited to SW1) if we aren't out or rather "half out" after this extension. And if the LibDems win the bid and revoke A50 there will definitely be riots...

Cat asks a question two weeks ago, receives several replies. Says nothing

Waltzes back in after two weeks and goes ?where?s the party??

Brexit isn?t happening. Been delayed several times. Farage says Johnson deal isn?t Brexit. Whole thing collapses under its own weight as it was always going to

What is it you want?