how to get to toodler world on public transport?

sparkle

hi we havent been into the sports centre but if its the one im thinking of in the park.the easiest way is on the bus. The 176 runs the length of lordship lane, stay on it until the bus turns left from lawrie park road on to the high street(there is a bus stop just after the turn) cross the road and there is an entrance to the park there. Its a 5 min walk through the park to the sports centre from that end of the park.

It takes approx 10 mins on the bus for us to the park from near the harvester so very quick easy journey.

Or if you are going from Peckham rye area you can get 363. Take it all the way to the last stop then follow these instructions (thanks to sunbob in an earlier thread):

Go down Anerley Hill (left at the South end of Crystal Palace Parade). Take the left fork to the leisure centre (no road name)take the right fork when the road splits and then the second road at the mini roundabout (2 small lanes very close together)walking down here you should then find yourself walking towards a car park and the leisure centre (just keep going till you see it, and hopefully some other people going the same way). Good luck, it's not as complicated as it sounds.

thanks for the replies.

Toddler World is great- big space to let off steam, things to climb on, go through, slide on, bounce on.... and you can have a cup of coffee at the edge! Some days are fantastic, sometimes they don't get much stuff out though, so it's luck.

Ruth - S would be more than fine. It sounds really grand but it's not - this week there wasn't much out - it's like an enormous play mat basically - it didn't take little sb long to tire of it and divert to running the length of the sports centre. It SO needs a gate!! I think it's expensive for what it is - am going to send mr and little sb to try out gambados I think.

Apparently some parents complained that the bigger equipment eg trampettes, beams etc were not safe (although in my opinion it should really be up to the parents to ensure their kids are using it safely). I've sent their service manager an email asking to bring it back as ?4.50 is a lot if they only put out skittles/soft cubes etc. The email address is [email protected] so might be worth dropping him an email if you want the bigger equipment back.

Received a response back already. Nice to see they are taking opinions into account, however we already have activities on a Wednesday so this will not be much use to us.

----------------------------------------

Thank you for taking the time to email me.

Toddler's world is for children six months to five years of age. As you know there is a huge difference in activity between the varied age ranges. I have had a few comments regarding the equipment of late, so I have decided to trial the following,

The Wednesday session will now have more equipment for the older toddler. Will we still cater for the younger age group however; there will be more enthuses on the older toddler.

We will review this after two sessions - any feedback you can give would be invaluable.

The current set up should include trampoline equipment i.e. trampette and balance beam. I will complete a health check to ensure this is happening.

The price for Toddler?s world is as followed,

Member ?3.10

Non Member ?4.10

Kind Regards,

Gary Ward

That's great news on the equipment trial. On the original question, I've also gotten to Crystal Palace on the train. There's one that runs from Peckham Rye station to Crystal Palace station, which is around the corner from the Leisure Centre. I think the train ride itself was less than 10 minutes, although of course you need to check times to avoid waiting too long at the station each way.