Free 2 day jewellery course at Flux Jewellery School SE5, 6/7 July

Free 2 day jewellery course in Casting Techniques for Jewellery

Perfect for parents with kids at school - Timings are geared to fit in to the school run

If you live in Southwark this course is FREE*

If you are out of borough the fee is ?190.

This 2 day course is suitable for complete beginners and for those with some experience of making. We introduce a range of home-studio casting techniques for creating jewellery and other small accessories.

You will have the opportunity to experiment with cuttlefish, delft sand and plywood mould making. Pewter, a low-melt metal, will be used for casting into the moulds, and we will also look at ways to incorporate other materials into the cast. You can also include materials like glass, wood, plastic or stone in your cast. We will also discuss the wider applications of studio casting for developing multiple casts using the lost wax process.

If you wish, once you have successfully made a cast in pewter you can also use silver. Ask for more advice if you would like to try to make your final piece in silver.

It is anticipated that you will produce a range of progressive test pieces that could form the basis of a charm necklace or bracelet.

Techniques include: Cuttlefish casting, delft sand casting, acrylic / ply method of casting, silicon mould making working with resistant materials to make prototypes for mould making.

More info will be provided at the time of booking your place.

Concessionary Rates for Southwark Residents apply because of support from Southwark Council.

Note this is a 2 day course, you need to attend both Thursday and Friday

6/7 July 2017, 10am - 3pm both days

Email me for a link to the website booking page

Free place RULES:

You are eligible for a free place on this course if

1)You haven't done a course with us at Flux yet this academic year (since August 2016)

2) you have been legally resident in this country for at least 3 years

3) you are not in full time education

[email protected]