Vodafone

simonethebeaver

Is anyone else having serious problems with Vodafone reception? Since Thursday, I've had next to no reception in my house (off Forest Hill Road) and it's not great until I'm well away from home. My neighbour had a visitor at the weekend who also had the same problem on the same network. Is there any reason for it? The Vodafone website doesn't list any issues so I was wondering if it might be my handset playing up.

I've been with Vodafone for years, living in this area, and only had trouble for the last four days so don't think it's a general signal issue. Interesting you're also having problems, meadow. I'm now unable to send texts or make calls even when my phone tells me there's a signal.

Not sure why this is in the Lounge when the BT thread is in general talk by the way? I'm asking about a fault, not looking to discuss Vodafone reception in general. Could it go back?

It's not good in my own home either and I am on a hill. I believe it's because of the steel in our block of flats' structure even though I can get fine TV reception. Vodaphone (I refuse to use f for phone...!) told me recently there were two new masts going up in our area, one in Peckham Rye SE15 side where I live. I think they use a fake / dead tree opposite the old closed down toilet block on East Dulwich Road...!

There is one mast going up in Brockley and one in Nunhead, both apparently in April, according to Vodafone. I, too, live on a hill, and calls are dropped every time a plane goes overhead.

Anyone suffering from last week's problem in Forest Hill Road should apply for a refund - Vodafone say they will be refunding me. Not holding my breath, particularly as their response to my first enquiry regarding the problem was that it would be fixed when the new masts go up!

My husband and I are both having problems too (have been for about two weeks). We live on Ryedale so same area it seems. We've been on the phone to Vodafone who are saying to us that they don't believe that there is a fault and that it must be our phones!!

My OH is now raising an official complaint - if anyone hasn't reported there problem to Vodafone, please could you do so so that they believe us??

It seems we are all getting very different information..:-S

Spent well over an hour last night trying to get through to someone who could actually give me information. After speaking to 3 or 4 people I, too, was told there was absolutely no fault with reception. Had to explain in detail that we had already been through the testing of the handset with them and no problems there. Apparently they have to have 10 complaints from one area before they do anything. One person said she knew there had been problems with various sites and put me through to tech dept from which I got a recorded message to dial 191 - which was the number dialled anyhow!

I am quite happy to add my name to any official complaint - I live off Honor Oak Rise. I see Vodafone used to have a forum - will look to see if it still exists.

• 8 months later...