Advice please on when to move to a stroller and what type

KateW

Please excuse my ignorance on this, but at what age do little ones move to a stroller/light weight pushchair? My little girl is 5 months old with good neck and upper body strength. She used to fall asleep easily in her pram when out for walks but is now far too frustrated at being on her back, not able to see the outside world! I'm sure she'll love being in a pushchair but I have no idea what the rule of thumb is on this. We've got a pilko pramette which does convert into a pushchair but it's not the lightest bit of kit in the world so I'd like to get something lightweight that we can throw in the car for outings. What would people suggest? I'm not very strong so something lightweight would be ideal and my husband is keen for something with the wheels quite far apart (as the pilko wheels are close together and he always catches his feet which drives him loopy). Any advice gratefully received.

Another vote for the Maclaren Quest, folds up small, great for public transport and fitting in boot and can be very upright. Our daughter had been in it since 11months or so and has always been able to fall asleep in it (a little to easily some of the time!)