New Bus Countdown boards for ED

TfL have announced where Bus Countdown boards will be placed at bus stops across London.

In SE22, new boards will be placed at both East Dulwich station bus stops and Goodrich Road (in Barry Road), however the Upland Road and Grove Tavern boards in Lordship Lane are not on the list.

The list of board sites are on the TfL website.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/corporate/Agreed-stop-locations.pdf

That is good news. The bus stop at FHR, near to the HH tavern was not displaying info for the 63 when I caught it yesterday lunchtime. On the way back from King's X much later, the info board there for 63 was not showing services either. I told both drivers but I don't think they were too bothered.

The Plough already has two countdown bus stops on the westbound side, outside the library and Plough Homecare. These are the two that are staying. Goose Green already has a board at the stop going towards Camberwell/Peckham.

Also to mention that the current countdown board is going from the North Cross Road bus stop towards Forest Hill.

Overall the same number of Countdown boards in ED. Where new boards placed old ones will be removed.

Crazy presumption that everyone has a smarthpone and if they do that they want to wave them around to entice muggers.

remote infrequently served bus stops wont have countdown.

Overall spend ?13M.

For that they should have been able to deploy a new countdown at every bus stop in London - which would be a smarthpone in a box with big indicator board using GPRS to keep it updated.

Why are they removing the North Cross Road board?

That's the stop I use when going in the Forest Hill direction, so whilst recognising that I am only one of many people using the buses, that's really really annoying!

It's a request stop, so I rely on the board to know whether I can read my book for a while without having a bus sail by without me :)

What's the point of removing boards, can the system only bear a certain number or something?

Peckhamgatecrasher Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Is there actually anything wrong with the old

> fashioned timetable?

Their connection with reality being almost non-existent would be the main issue.

Sue Wrote:

> Why are they removing the North Cross Road board?

>

> That's the stop I use when going in the Forest

> Hill direction, so whilst recognising that I am

> only one of many people using the buses, that's

> really really annoying!

>

> It's a request stop, so I rely on the board to

> know whether I can read my book for a while

> without having a bus sail by without me :)

>

> What's the point of removing boards, can the

> system only bear a certain number or something?

It appears TfL have chosen bus stops with heavy usage, which explains why East Dulwich Station, Goose Green and Dulwich Library have been chosen over North Cross Road, Upland Road or the Grove Tavern.

In Forest Hill for example, the current boards are situated either in Stanstead Road or Waldram Park Road which has two bus routes with not many passengers waiting for buses, but the town centre stops by the station have none. This will change when the new boards are installed.

Bic Basher Wrote:

> The list shows one of the bus stops there with the

> number 1492 (I think that's the number showed on

> the side of the bus stop) which I suspect is

> replacing the current Countdown board at the stop

> going towards Peckham. (12, 63, 78, 363, P12)

I was at the stop today & the no. is 1493, so hope it will still be included.

Thanks for the info.

dbboy Wrote:

> Would be good to have one outside the old barracks

> on Lordship Lane (going north into town)

I agree that it would be a sensible pair of stops to have them fitted since there are a number of bus routes that 'cross' there so people switch buses. It's my 'local' stop and quite regularly more people disembark a bus and wait at the bus stop than walk off entirely. The 363 especially won't have a 'countdown' stop in any direction for some way.