goodrich school

Please can anyone tell me their views on Goodrich School. My child who will be just 4 in September has just been offered a place. We wanted Heber and I am not sure whether to go on the waiting list rather than send him to Goodrich. I haven't heard any good reports about Goodrich recently and it is so big! Please let me know some views. Thanks

I think assuming you live between the two you are lucky to get goodrich rather than much further away. I have several friends who have children at the lower end of goodrich and are quite happy

You cAn accept it and also go on Heber waiting list I think

Hi sharls. Our daughter is in yr 1 at Goodrich and loves it. The reception classes have a separate outdoor space whic is good and the head of early years (ms collinson?) came with a good reputation last year and seems pretty dynamic from what I can tell. School isn't perfect (communication needs to improve) but the community aspect is excellent and we're very happy that our daughter is there. Sure they'd be happy for you to visit. Pm me if any questions

You can definately accept and still go on the waiting list for Heber. Accepting a place at one does not affect your placing on a waiting list - the old criteria still stand for moving up the waiting list ie distance etc.

I have children in year 1 and reception and we are very happy with the school. The kids love both the school and their teachers and are doing brilliantly. I was initially worried about the size, particularly as my eldest has never been confident in social situations and my own primary school had only about 15 pupils in each year, but I have no issues with it at all now. I don't really think that having 90 pupils to a year could be more daunting to a four year old than 60 and the size means that the school is able to offer a great range of after school clubs and that there are a large number of very involved, committed parents.

My son (Year 1) is also really enjoying Goodrich. It's got a lovely atmosphere, kids seem happy, there's loads going on, lots of committed parents, and he has made great progress. I also worried about the size, but they separate years at playtime and for assemblies so it doesn't feel so huge for them. It gives kids l a lot of choice of children to play with! I'm really contented with the school and more importantly so is my son.

Have to concur with the previous posts. I also have one Year 1 - and another in the nursery. We are very happy with the school. There are 120 kids in Year 1 because that was the year Goodrich took a "bulge" class" and yet the school still seems to have a very happy, community feel. Each drop off or pick up if a happy and friendly event. Been to my son's Year 1 parent's consultaion this evening and he is progressing well. His class group are genuinely a lovely bunch of kids.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all! We always see parents and children walking to Goodrich and they all seem very balanced and happy folk. The children are polite and have manners, which is nice to see. Could someone please tell me what the catchment area is for Goodrich school?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi there to all the people who posted with information for me about Goodrich School. I went on the visit today and was really impressed with the school, the facilities and how happy all the children were. Thanks for all your messages.