Mountain Buggy tyres question

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone out there with a Mountain Buggy could recommend a shop or site to get new tyres from? I have a pre-2010 urban double and am just wondering if I really need to fork out for the ones on the MB website, but am nervous about which other sellers to go for!

Also, what type of tyre would you recommend - are the chunky, off-road ones impractical for the city or is it best to get them for the times when they are needed?

Thanks!

Might be worth talking to BC Bikes by Goose Green - no idea if they can get right size tyres, but they are very local and handy?

I've only got standard tyres on my Mountain Buggy, not sure you need the extra heavy duty ones unless you're going to do some 'serious' off roading (we've done walks in Derbyshire etc. OK, only got tough when we did paths over a moor that had some seriously big cracks/mega rocks etc......) Should have taken the back pack really for that walk - you live and learn!

M

Thanks so much FatherJack and Molly! Really glad to hear I should be able to support local businesses when getting them, instead of the usual online retailers. Will go for the standard ones as I don't think I'll be doing anything more than a bit of off-road!