Dulwich Hamlet

I was almost glad to miss the first 15 minutes trying to get in the match was so dull. That said, the atmosphere, as always, was great and the goal was worth waiting for. Billericay had the best chances and we were lucky to have Phil and some fortunate last ditch defending to save us.

Bluerevolution Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Att 1547 !!!!

That's great, I thought it was a pretty big one.

No more Saturday home games til October now. Boooo! :-(

Will try to get to a Tuesday match, but not so easy for me.

On Saturday 3rd October The Hamlet are at home to VCD Athletic. This is the week before 'Non League Day', which is a national initiative to get people, to go to their local non-league side, on a 'blank' top flight international weekend.

We are scheduled to be away that day, so the Club owners HADLEY PROPERTY have kindly agreed to a 'Pay What You Like' match the week before, which is the 3rd.

The beneficiaries will be Cooltan Arts, a Walworth Road charity in the mental health field, who are the club's official charity partners for 2015/16; & the British Heart Foundation. The BHF being chosen as two of our loyal fans has two very serious heart illnesses last season. Both mental health issues & heart problems are things that affect almost every single person locally, so please spread the word & tell your family, friends, work colleagues...in fact thw whole world, to come along! Your Twitter, Facebook & other social media accounts are ideal for this.

Every penny raised, after the usual matchday costs will be donated to the two charities, & last season our fans & the wider local community turned out in droves, with just over ?6,000 being donated to the Mayor of Southwark's chosen charities, which were both related to working with the homeless. They were Homes4Heroes & The Robes Project.

In a single bound Dulwich jumped from 10th to 3rd in the Ryman Premier last night with an away win against Met Police and other matches producing favourable results.

Still early days - just a quarter way through the season.

dc Wrote:

> In a single bound Dulwich jumped from 10th to 3rd

> in the Ryman Premier last night with an away win

> against Met Police and other matches producing

> favourable results.

> Still early days - just a quarter way through the

> season.

Doesn't surprise me as they can play really good football so much so that i'm spending less time watching the premier league. Gutted I missed thisgame.

Otta Wrote:

> VCD Athletic?

> Is it me or does that sound like a sports related STD?

You're not alone. Vickers Crawley Dartford. Started as a works team for the Vickers armaments factory in 1916. The factory finally closed in 1985 and is now a 'retail park'.

VCD are currently bottom of the Ryman Premier with 4 points from 11 starts.

Bluerevolution Wrote:

> Laddy Muck, you do remember the ground is between

> your house and Sainsburys ? ;-)

I do, Bluenose. Not a day goes by without me counting my blessings. And I never want to move. :))