Advice on a Bee's Nest

p_glover

Oh Yes that was my first idea.......Poke it and make them angry!!!!!

I will contact the council

Tarot Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> For goodness sake dont poke it around,phone the

> local council they will sort it out.

Tarot does have a point.... Some people have been known to try the DIY approach with varying degrees of success...

You can buy a powder from B&Q which you pour over the nest at night when they are sleeping. I wouldn't personally as I am shit-scared of anything that buzzes.

Bee man (joe) popped round tonight to have a look at the nest in the garden. Apparently the nest is massive.

He informed me that bee's are Bumble Bee's not honey Bee's that i thought so he couldn't do anything.

Was informed me that they are protected and you cant go around killing them. Pointed me in the direction of Bromley Bee Club. Spoke to a member of the club and have been advised to just leave them alone as they wont cause you any problems unless you disturb the nest. As the nest is in the compost bin they should have a happy summer before they die off at the end of the summer months.

Hi, we had the same situation a couple of years ago, and after much searching on the internet discovered that bumble bees are protected and that we shouldn't disturb the nest.

We really wanted just to move the nest so that we could use the compost bin again, and had no desire to harm the bees in any way. So, we left them be for the summer and used a temporary compost bin. They were no trouble and we (including our little boy) found them fascinating. As mentioned above they vacated or died off at the end of the summer and we reclaimed the bin.

We became quite attached to them, so during that summer we bought a bee house in the hope that they would move or come back, but they never did :-(