Sugar (new shop)

SeanMacGabhann

Chavewivalawdegree, surely you cant be a chav and vote for the green party? That sounds exceedingly middleclass to me heheh. Do you buy organic chicken as well (my point being that if you can afford to buy chicken at twice the price then you have moved to middle class as I myself have ashamedly done) Anyway can I say I come from a very workingclass background but a lot of us are not chavs as I understand a chav, and I am not a chav. I do have some chav cousins but the majority are not whilst still being working class. I dont think chav means working class because that would be painting an entire group of people to being exactly alike and all wearing big gold jewellery, lots of burberry caps etc and being lairy. Chavs are more of their own wee subset? Could be wrong.

I have mixed emotions about voting too, I totally feel nothing in common with public schoolboy toffs and feel they are so removed from the real world that I feel that there is no point in voting for them but also feel that if women were not allowed to vote I would be enraged so do drag myself along to vote because of that. How can we encourage "regular" people to go into politics?

I am proudly working class, and can't stand the way labels like 'chav' are used to alienate and ridiclule sections of the working class, so I felt the need to celebrate the chavvy side of me (and most of the people I know).

I don't buy organic chicken because I can't afford it. I get pretty much all of my shopping in Lidl because it's cheap but good quality, and I try to grow some of my own.

I'm hoping to get som chickens in the spring too. In the past all working class people used to produce some of their own food and were healthier for it. Now we have been told we need to have cream walls, decking and other sh1t we don't need, and buy all our food from big businesses who make millions from selling us food that is poisoning us.

none of you lot lived in east dulwich when it had NO 'shops full of tat '.........or did you ? bet you went to the west end for your tat then didnt you ? but that was before terrorist attacks and going organic became trendy shopping local became a fashion statement

surely the most useful shop in east dulwich is the wonderful ''run by sophie and her brother with everything from teapots to mousetraps to hoover bags for all hoovers EVER its been there since 1967

back on topic please...

assuming this is the same sugar from camberwell then it sells individual ladies 'pieces' and accessories, and nice ormanents. it has a sign up in the window looking for staff.

one of the good things about this business moving in here is that it moves the boundary of the retail strip a little bit further along; this will hopefully have the effect of increasing footfall for the flower shop, that scruffy empty newsagents, and the soon-to-open ED Warehouse.

Ultraconsultancy

Parkhill has bought heavily in that part of LL, but the newsagents is still in private hands and has a planning application pending for conversion to a dental surgery. Builders were in clearing it recntly looking to fix the roof, so maybe that might be brought back into use soon. It's a bit of an eyesore presently, and has been mentioned re it's use by wierd political bill posters, IIRC

Ultraconsultancy