Things to do with a toddler on Thursday mornings

Can anyone recommend any play groups or activities to take a 2.5 year old to on Thursday mornings? Ideally I would like to tire her out ready for a good nap post-lunch. Needs to be somewhere where I can also bring new baby.

I have been trying to find the link from the Southwark website for their activities leaflets (called 'What's On' or something like that?) but have failed. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Free activities or classes?

Tumbletots is on at red post hill on Thursday mornings. You can bring a baby there (I do - either in a sling or sitting watching from the side in her pram)

I like Little Bubbles classes too - http://www.littlebubbles.com/

There is bound to be a Bookstart session on a Thursday http://www.southwark.gov.uk/events/event/904/

One O'Clock clubs are always an option too.

Good luck tiring your 2.5 year old out!!

flowermum Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Free activities or classes?

> Tumbletots is on at red post hill on Thursday

> mornings. You can bring a baby there (I do -

> either in a sling or sitting watching from the

> side in her pram)

Yes I do the same. Baby now seems to want to participate :)

Bookstart at the Albrighton 10-11.30. Really great fun for all ages up to 5, lots of little babies there too.

I have the booklet here somewhere, will post what else is on on a Thursday when I find it!

• 3 months later...

Great, thanks.

Also interested to know if anyone's been to one at Rye Oak school as that's slightly nearer us and I think they have one on Fridays. I don't really know what's involved (my 14 month old may be a bit young?) but am just checking everything out as the Autumn stretches out in front of us!

I do tumble tots 9.30 with my 1 year old and 10.30 with my 2.5 year old...have often wondered if any of the other people there are on the EDF. I'm usually frantically trying to stop them going round the wrong way raher than chat but it would be nice to put some names to faces! :) were any other edf mums there today?

Bookstart yesterday at the albrighton centre was really lovely- loads of toys, books, big soft toys. It's in a clean and safe space and the two ladies running it were really friendly. I'd recommend, will definitely be going again; seb got a lot out of it and even newborn Lex lay happily on a mat listening to stories/songs at the end. They've also got a big room at the back as a designated buggy park :) everyone was really laid back about sebs anarchistic tendencies, like running off to retrieve some kind of toy truck during the stories.