feedback -Townsend Montessori nursery in forest hill

Hello

I was wondering whether some of you on this forum have a child in this nursery. I have a place there for my son in September but a friend who also had a place there for a daughter was really not impressed on a recent visit (young staff sitting around in shade while babies were in sandpit, quality of food etc).

I know they have just sacked their manager so maybe there are in need of some staff changes but I was wondering if any of you had a little one attending this nursery and therefore some feedback.

Many thanks

Hi, we are sending our daughter there as of next week so I went for a viewing last week. Have to say I thought the place was impressive, staff all friendly and the kids seemed very happy. i like that it is an old school and all on 1 level and they are planning on getting chickens (my daughter likes chickens!)

I don't have much experience of nurseries as my wife has done almost all of the research but she was also pleased and thinks more of it than the other 2 or 3 she has visted.

When I picked up my daughter today, we were told that they have now recruited a new manager, who will be starting in July (after she's worked her notice at her current job), so that is good news.

Also, my daughter had an accident today, where she fell over outside, and bumped her head. My wife and I were both impressed with they way they dealt with it.

our daughter had her first settling in day today for 2 hours and although she was upset when my wife left she was happily playing when she returned 2 hours later.

she was also impressed again by the staff who were aware that our daughter was coming and made every effort to make my wife feel comfortable about leaving her in their care.

I hope tomorrow goes as well as today.

• 1 month later...

Our little girl is fully settled there now and seems really happy. She gets excited in the morning when we drop her off and seems to have bonded well with the staff.

We have had a couple of little incidents and were impressed with the way the staff handled them. They also produce a monthly newsletter which is fun, featuring the guinea pigs 'Tom' and 'Jerry' :o)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...