A civilised house ...

lillyanginger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hang on

> in there, there is light at the end of the

> tunnel...or is that grapejuice at wine o'clock?

Umm, just how long is this tunnel - my house seems to degenerate further into anarchy with every year that passes? I can manage a hot cup of tea most of the time now but have exchanged that for a constantly ringing telephone or doorbell that is never for me . And the furtive goings on are now things that I really don't want to investigate further. Will I ever regain a civilised house before my children leave home?

This thread has made me laugh, but am I the only person who doesn't associate with any of this? Am I just lucky? My kids are 4.5 and 3, we manage to live a chaos free life. I guess there's plenty of time for it to go wrong, but for now I'm hoping I've escaped!

Ah lillyandginger - you may still be in 'goldentime'. There is a golden age of joy and gorgeousness between the ages of about 5 and 11. You're doing marvellously if your 13year old hasn't entered the grunt tunnel yet - most boys seem to enter it about age 13 or so. Hats off to you & long may it last!

Grotty Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ...is one where you don't have to scoop floating

> stinky turds out of the bath and into the loo

> whilst retching...

Ha!!! So true. I had sister in law helping me with bath time at the weekend, she was horrified! Probably because she's pregnant and has it all to come!!

• 2 weeks later...

A TRULY CIVILISED HOUSE

We learn to respect the Privacy of others AND

know yourself first before criticizing others.

If we meet people which are not from our Country we should not make false judgments not even

from our own country. I will tell you why....... :))

No we don't have to say anything now but we will learn as we go and let's not say that we are pretending we can afford this and that becouse the best bits come later with my own big brothers.

Lest keep our Civilised House very simple, nothing is difficult you just have to put into practice.

But what people use to say in the 50's. Is hard to straight an old oak tree. :-S

A TRULY CIVILISED HOUSE

If we meet people which are not from our Country we should not make false judgments not even

No we don't have to say anything now but we will learn as we go and let's not say that we are pretending we can afford this and that becouse the best bits come later with my own big brothers.

Lest keep our Civilised House very simple, nothing is difficult; you just have to put into practice.

But what people use to say in the 50's. Is hard to straight an old oak tree. :-S

A TRULY CIVILISED HOUSE

Lest keep our Civilised House very simple, nothing is difficult you just have to put into practice.