Pot holes on Underhill rd

dimples

Thanks for the update, Peng. The seven days must have started on the 31st, when more residents and councillors complained.

So, it looks like the system actually works... residents just need to stick together and whinge in unison.

The temporary tarmac bung should be okay as the road is going to be resurfaced soon, so this should all do the trick.

Power to the People!

The repairs (and I use that word quite wrongly) are perfunctory at best - one is already breaking up, and despite having marked up some more holes, I assume for treatment, no more work (by 9:30 this morning) was being done. Frankly, if I had been paying someone to do this (hang on, I pay Council Tax, I am paying someone to do this) I would not be meeting their bill. But then it's Conways, so that won't be an option...

Amended (see below) to specify a 21st Century tax system.

Hmmm, let's keep our eye on it... it may be that treatment is being reassessed in view of the deterioration or maybe resources are being redirected to a "more urgent" location.

It might be necessary for residents/councillors to complain in unison again...

Conways approach to fixing pot holes -

Take one shovel, collect some tarmac on said shovel, tip into pot hole, with back of shovel tap it down (but not too hard), if all else fails stamp on it. Arghhhh that's done, move onto next offending pot hole. They call this a temporary fix, but it then becomes forgotten about

I'd suggest a more professional approach needs to be used to repair the pot hole, unfortunately no pride in the work they do, just bodge it and scarper.

Many of the pot holes are now back, some worse than before (there was a 4x4x4 inch lump of tarmac 'bumped' out of a non-repair forming an additional hazard this morning).

Probably no point in reporting any of this again - all we will see is more of our money wasted by Southwark via Conways. Once you put up a sufficiently cr*p performance you can get out of anything.

Come May I'd vote for any party simply standing for a 'dump the Conway's contract' ticket - however vile their other policies were.

This is so frustrating to watch!

If it wasn't so cold and wet, I'd walk up there and take photos to Tweet to Southwark Council... sometimes social media is the only way to get someone to pay attention.

I may walk up there tomorrow, but please keep complaining... if no one complains, then management will say there are no local issues and funds get diverted into the middle and north of the borough.

We need to keep sticking together!

Robin

By all means let them know about how bad Conways is (I hardly imagine it will come as a surprise) and certainly the proper full resurfacing seems generally to be better delivered than the patch-up joke jobs - but it really hurts me to see the Council actually paying for such an appalling service. I would rather nothing was done at all than such a bodge. To send out the same chancers to repair their own work - no doubt for additional charges - when that repair will itself again not see the week out just seems a waste of your, and my, money.

Yes I saw a shocking pothole on that stretch between st Aidan?s and upland. Cars were swerving around it

Perhaps the council could use some of that yellow paint they are sloshing about to clearly highlight where these potholes are . Someone has already said this but these could be lethal to a motorbike rider at night.