Bees nesting in garden? what to do if they are?

We've noticed bees disappearing into a hummock of moss on the surface of a zinc bath planter in our back garden. They disappear into a hole in the moss, and we never see them come out (not that we hang around for hours waiting). The bees are brownish, round and furry, bit smaller than a bumble bee, with a white dot at the top of their hind legs. It's not what you'd call really busy, but while watering tonight there were frequent visitors. Are they making a nest? Unfortunately the planter is right by our back door and would be heavy to move. What to do, if anything? We like bees, but could this become a problem?

There's someone on here that seems to be collecting bees this is one of his posts try asking them for advice

dulwichbeekeeper Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> nope i wana give them a good home food and health

> care its much beter to have local bees then some

> shipped from the other side of the world as again

> if eney one has a swarm thay want rehomed pm me

Thanks very much everyone for your advice and comments. Agree with paramount, don't think they're honey bees, too furry. Thanks for bumblebee website link benmorg, that led me on to searching google images to try to identify them. More interested than worried now, will watch and wait...

Wasn't Flying Ant Day last week - I should know, I cycle to work,they were all over the place last Tuesday?

another annie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Wasn't Flying Ant Day last week - I should know, I

> cycle to work,they were all over the place last

> Tuesday?

It's usually mid July but may well be earlier this year thanks to the hot spring. My ants are a bit behind because of instant barbecues put on the flagstones..