good street or bad street?

benmorg

East Dulwich inundation your feet will remain drier for longer

Some surveyor geezer from the water works told me that my house Barry rd/Underhill rd junction is apparently 35 meters above the river and therefore I dont think we should worry too much about wet feet, but more about landslip.

I would happily walk that route at night - main road which is fairly busy. The train station can be somewhat deserted though. You are on the 63 bus route to Elephant & castle/blackfriars/kings cross which is a great bus route and still busy at night so either option should be fine.

Hi jocelyn I use this route all the time and find it great. Can be in Charing Cross (cross to platform 6 at LB) or bond st in 30 mins door to door (if I walk fast up that hill). Also lovely man selling coffee in the station! Sometimes walk back at night, there are usually people around but have to say it's a bit gloomy with the woods on one side and big gardens on the other...Marmora is a lovely road though and yes a cul de sac so not too much traffic...

• 1 month later...
Go for it - you're closer to East Dulwich than much of East Dulwich is. And you're right next to all the goodness of Peckham too. (Unless you're buying the weirdly cut up and developed house that's been on the market for two years and has something that looks like an ice cream parlour down the side of it out the back - in which case. Withdraw!)

Hi Rachel4 - I've been living in Maxted for just over a year now - and I absolutely love it. It really feels like a neighbourhood - just spend a Saturday morning on Bellenden Road and I think you will get a feel for the place - people say hello - shop owners make a real effort - including the lovely "working all hours that God sends" owners of the newsagents on Maxted Road itself.

It is a hop skip and a jump to Lordship Lane. But it has a really nice relaxed atmosphere, in comparison (IMHO)

But I absolutely agree with Ted Max - there is a very scary "developed" house nearer the top end of the road - an estate agent once gave me the lowdown on the results of a structural survey ....beware!

Does anyone else live on Crebor Street? Madworld74

I moved to Crebor Street in November from Ondine Road and have already been made to feel very welcome by my neighbours. Perhaps you were one of them Madworld74? Looking forward to the street party - what a fantastic idea!

AnnaG Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Does anyone else live on Crebor Street?

> Madworld74

>

> I moved to Crebor Street in November from Ondine

> Road and have already been made to feel very

> welcome by my neighbours. Perhaps you were one of

> them Madworld74? Looking forward to the street

> party - what a fantastic idea!

Def not me AnnaG making you feel at home! Although I would have done if I'd known it was you......Welcome.:)-D

We only speak to one of our neighbours. The one who lives above us is the noisiest, most useless and ignorant neighbour you could ever dread of having. Has no idea how to respect other people's peace and quiet and seems to think it's acceptable to dump all sorts off crap outside in my front garden. Anyhow! I'm sure AnnaG are a perfecto neighbour!

Apart from that, we're friendly with the other people we know. It's a very quiet street. Which I love!

Hope you enjoy!

Hi Rachel4 - I think the "Bellenden Triangle" (hee hee - but it's true, that's what an estate agent told me the area between Grove Vale and Adys Road is now called) is great, close to all the good stuff on LL and Bellenden Road, close to the park, friendly neighbours.. nothing bad to say about it. Welcome to the area, I hope