Secondary school allocation

Sol

Thank you Savage for taking the time to pass on your experience and yes that is a good idea writing to the waiting list. Now it's down to luck and I'm very aware it must be hard for people lower down on the waiting list to decide what's best to do.

Hi all. Until 1st September each year Southwark deals with the waiting lists for year 7 entry. After this they pass to the schools to administer. As by them children have attended induction days and uniforms have been bought, many parents decide to stick with the school offer they have. It's for this reason that Kingsdale and some other schools contact parents at this point. Be aware that you need to check with the schools after 1st September how they administer their lists, for example, you may need to opt in to the waiting list and re opt in each academic year.

Renata

I believe you need to phone the individual schools direct to find out where you are on the waiting list (not sure about outside Southwark, but I think for the ones within Southwark you do). I've heard it's also worth keeping on phoning every so often to check progress and make sure the school knows you still want the place - right through the summer if necessary. As people have said upthread, it changes right up to the last minute. Good luck.

• 1 month later...
Hi comomum I contacted Kingsdale by email about waiting list position update and got an email about a week later. I've made it clear I want to remain on the list and imagine the next change in position will be in the summer when people are asked by Kingsdale if they want to remain on the waiting lists. We have moved from 44 in March to 25 in April.

• 10 months later...
Hi Tulip, I know this thread was from last year but today I find myself in a very similar situation to yourself & I was wondering what your outcome was if that's ok? Did your child get a place via the scholarship waiting list in the end? Today we found out my son got his 2nd choice school (which is great I know) but he has always and still so has his heart set on his 1st choice of Kingsdale, especially as he was offered the full music scholarship - his hopes were so high! I will call the school / Southwark too on Monday to find out where we are rank wise on the list. I was just very curious to see what happened in the end for you / others in this situation? Many thanks - any advice is much appreciated!

Hello,

Last year my daughter was 44 on Kingsdale waiting list. It was her 1st choice and she did not have a scholorship. She was offered a place around 10 days before the start of term in September. The school kept us regularly informed of movement on the waiting list by email. I was advised to still accept the official offer which in our case was Norwood (friends have gone here and are very happy by the way). There is a lot of movement with Kingsdale waiting lists in our experience. Wishing you well in all of this - its not easy navigating. I hope it all works out for you somehow.

Hello SG123 we are in the same position and I'd also be interested to know from Tulip as well. We are 38th on the Scholarship list for Kingsdale and it'd be interesting to hear if anyone got in on from the Scholarship wait list and what number they were.

Thanks!

Hi Wildcherry many thanks for your reply - we're waiting to hear where he is on the banding & scholarship waiting lists and we'll keep our fingers crossed. Such a rollercoaster ride, that's for sure!

Ah hi Ellebell, yes it'd be interesting to know experiences from last year - I know quite a few people in our boat who will be hoping for a place through either scholarship and or banding waiting lists - wishing you all the best!

• 2 months later...
Only it seems to me that the school should be separated, and religion separately? If I want to know about religion, I will go to church, not to school. Moreover, teachers who work in ordinary schools cannot be oppressed on these issues. I wonder how religion relates to the use of services such as essay writers. I regularly use this service, and I hope I do not sin thereby.

• 3 months later...