Just another hellish commuter day in SE London

Some of tomorrow?s commuting news:

Due to the severe weather forecast for tonight and tomorrow, Network Rail has put in place reductions to London Overground services meaning that this evening?s service will finish earlier than normal from approximately 22:15.

Tomorrow, Tuesday 27 February, services will be reduced and will start slightly later with first trains at these approximate times:

? Stratford and Clapham Junction 06:00

? Willesden Junction 05.50

? Barking 06.25

? Gospel Oak 06:15

? Liverpool Street 06:00

? Chingford 05:55

? There will be no service between Willesden Junction and Richmond and between Romford and Upminster

? There will be no service between Edmonton Green and Cheshunt with a reduced service on the rest of this line

? A reduced service will run between Stratford and Willesden Junction

? A normal service will operate on all other lines

Please check before you travel at www.tfl.gov.uk and follow @LDNOverground on Twitter.

Please also allow more time for your journey.

Joey, an Overground driver who posts on SE23.life, has given more detail about some of the preventative works on the old East London line and general feel is that the southern part of the Overground is potentially better placed than the northern bits mentioned above.

I seem to recall that last time we got a proper dump of snow, the biggest problem as that the buses couldn?t get up some of the hills so basically stopped running for a day or two.

Going back to the Overground information issue, neither Denmark Hill or Peckham Rye are operated by TfL, so won't have first hand information on their services.

One of the frustrating issues is that those two stations weren't handed to TfL, instead Denmark Hill is run by the god awful Thameslink and Peckham Rye by Southern, which in effect are the same company (Govia Thameslink Railway).

More importantly, perhaps, Overground rail networks and signalling are run by National Rail - so TfL is simply a train operator over these lines. As National Rail is the source of information on services run over its lines, it should be able to provide stations on their network with service information. 'First hand' information comes via National Rail I believe.

Penguin68 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> terminates at Canada water so at least we had the

> option of picking up the Jubilee line at Canada

> Water

>

> The Overground from Forest Hill or Honor Oak will

> get you to Canada Water. I now rely on access to

> the Jubilee Line to get me into town, you can

> interchange with both Northern Line Spurs (London

> Bridge & Waterloo), District & Circle

> (Westminster), Victoria Line and Piccadilly (Green

> Park), Central Line (Bond Street) etc. It's

> crowded, mind you.

Hi yes, I do get the overground but when its not running then we are somewhat up the creek.

Thats why I think a hopper bus would be good and remove some of our dependence on the trains.