16 week old baby - Can anyone recommend any good classes?

Look out on here for 'Spring Babies' meetings. We meet for coffee most weeks. The Wooden Circle outdoor playgroup is also quite nice, only once a month though. I would avoid paying for lots of classes apart from swimming for really little ones. Singing and story sessions at the libraries are really good, free and good for babies from about 5-6 months.

I first took my daughter to tippee toes at the ceramics cafe (thurs 10am) when she was about 14 weeks and felt it was a good thing for a young age. The older babies clearly get more out of it but it's quite gentle so the little ones seem fascinated by it too! It's ?3 a go. Otherwise swimming is nice, jelly babies at Peckham pulse is good and it's pay as you go rather than classes.

Hey, to be honest I don't think they say but there are lots of things to look at so even if he doesn't want to be sat on your knee singing you can always just cuddle him and he can listen. There are lots of bubbles as well which I think they love! Give it a try and see!

Wow, thanks everyone this is all great! I was thinking about sing and sign in September with Trish at Soup Dragon? Also looking into a baby massage course which starts towards the end of July with Natalie at Goose Green. Will now be looking out for the Spring Baby meetings and I think tippie toes and bumps and babes are a must....busy busy!!!

Baby sensory also sound great but not sure if this will be too far to go with baby? Maybe not, I'm unsure as really new to the area!

I'd love to take her swimming too, are there any local classes?

I've heard there's a get together on a Friday at Magdala's ( not sure if that's the right name/place!!) for new babies and mothers, has anyone been?

Yep fri at the mag is free, organised by Sofie Jacobs, a local midwife/dula who runs antinatal classes so she started it for her classes to go to, but it's open to all & super friendly, Jenny & I are both regulars... I'm also in the spring babies group so will no doubt meet you soon enough!

I'm going to take my little one to baby swimming in Dulwich in September, for now we go to Peckham pulse for a little splash about.

The horniman aquarium is also great, I went for the 1st time this week.

I've heard sing & sign is brilliant so I'm waiting until c is 6 months (he is 13/14 weeks now)

If Nathalie is the same one I did my class with she is super lovely & the classes are great, you will enjoy them!

Forest hill is 10 mins on a bus btw...