Neo Nazi poster in Peckham Rye Park (Lounged)

Kennynotken

Louisa - I agree with everything you say, without reservation. However, I wold add that if we were to abolish the monarchy, it would need to go hand on hand with a movement that was dedicated to actual, tangible equality in society, and I think right now there are too many vested interests to let that happen.

Abolition of the monarchy would mean nothing if we allowed the other elites to continue their grip on the undeniable efforts they make to keep power and wealth centralised in the hands of very few. There would simply be a transferal of power to somewhere else. I have no idea how to achieve what we would, I suspect, both like to see, because it?s toed up not only with entrenched, inherited power, but also societies attitudes to prejudice and class in many other ways.

America is (I believe) am excellent example of what happens when you create a system which theoretically allows anyone to rise to prominence based on merit, but fail to inhibit the very things which facilitated the creation of an upper class. There?s far less social mobility over there than they would like to think; money still talks, just look at the personal debt they incur from college education, it makes our student loans look reasonable!

When America was born, they gave great thought to the idea of a free nation where all men were able to pursue their dream, but then limited it to very few men - specifically men. The point I?m making is that to remove the unelected class at the top of the tree is a great start, but only if it comes with removing everything else that has a vested interest in keeping that system there. And I have no idea how to do that.

In the context of democracy, you have a very valid argument Louisa, that I think most people would agree with. But as Joe says. the practical reality of dismantling wealth based privilege is another challenge. Essentially the problem is one of plutocaracy over meritocracy. I'm not sure any society in the modern world has found an answer to that.

sidebirds Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm a girl. You actually - like - MISGENDERED me.

> Possible "hate crime"?

>

Oops...I suppose there was a 50% chance I'd be wrong - apologies (and thanks for not being a snowflake about it).

sidebirds Wrote:

> >

> --------------------------------------------------

>

> > -----

> > > rendelharris Wrote:

> > >

> > -

> > Peckhamguy's absurd statement that "the true

> > working class who has never had nothing handed

> to

> > them on a plate the ones who actually see the

> real

> > world"

>

> Nothing wrong with the quoted statement. The

> working-classes get it in the neck first and

> millions of them are righteously p*ssed off after

> having their wishes flouted by several decades of

> elected politicians.

Even David Blunkett had something similar to say in 2014- it's a pity the rest of them didn't take note- too busy chasing votes

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/oct/28/david-blunkett-praises-michael-fallon-swamped-migrants

Flicking through old posh joes comments haha u r a proper blogger, I?m working long hours wile u lay back on edf sipping ya frappe it?s rather funny coming home to these comments and most times I don?t come back for a couple days as I rather get my head down as I have no choice in life and have to work to live and earn my stuff, nothing is handed to me over here lol 🥄🥄

Peckhamguy Wrote:

> Flicking through old posh joes comments haha u r a

> proper blogger, I?m working long hours wile u lay

> back on edf sipping ya frappe it?s rather funny

> coming home to these comments and most times I

> don?t come back for a couple days as I rather get

> my head down as I have no choice in life and have

> to work to live and earn my stuff, nothing is

> handed to me over here lol 🥄🥄

You mean JoeLeg the former infantryman and current chef (that well known stress-free easy living occupation)? If you want to pick on someone for being effete and not working as hard as some for what they've got, have a go at me, I'm an easy target, but trying to attack him on those grounds just makes you look even more of an utter plonker than you do already.

(Apologies to JL who is more than capable of fighting his own corner but one really can't let this sort of twattery go unanswered)

Peckhamguy Wrote:

> Flicking through old posh joes comments haha u r a

> proper blogger,

Again, that?s the best you?ve got? I?m from a one parent family that was not financially well off growing up but I got an education and learned to use words so you think that makes me posh? That says way more about you than anyone else. Again, mate, I would say nice try but that was just poor effort.

Also, ?flicking through? - yeah, exactly. You?re not actually *reading* what others wrote, are you? Just skimming over it long enough to dismiss them as posh and therefore not proper people. All a bit ?Animal Farm?, frankly.

I?m working long hours wile u lay

> back on edf sipping ya frappe

Well I average 60 hours a week so I sympathise.

it?s rather funny

> coming home to these comments and most times I

> don?t come back for a couple days as I rather get

> my head down as I have no choice in life and have

> to work to live and earn my stuff, nothing is

> handed to me over here lol 🥄🥄

Well no one got anything handed to them, but anyway, I?ve come to the conclusion that even if you aren?t an adolescent troll sweating away in his mums spare room you?ve got the mindset of one. It takes a special kind of person to think I?m going to be annoyed by personal insults from someone who thinks they know me. I had a vicious Fusilier corporal for a section commander while at Strensall, who?d only recently returned from active service in the first Gulf War; he was a Yorkshireman and took a particular dislike to me because I?m a Londoner. After him, no one ever really got to me on a personal level, so in retrospect I thank him for that, because he taught me to judge people by their actions and nothing else. Like I say, the Army is a great place to learn about how to get along with those different to you.

But it was also where I started to see that if someone is being a fool then it?s encumbant to call them out on it. So I?m going to happily repeat myself - troll or no troll, you espouse a worldview in which somehow you?re more worthy because of your background, and you really aren?t that far removed from the mindset of people like the Khmer Rouge. Plus you support neo-nazi?s. And you know you do.

Keep it up mate, no worries, keep coming on here spouting crap, and I?ll keep arguing with you. I can?t change the world but I will confront anything like this on the little part of it I can touch. I don?t tolerate it at work, won?t allow it in my kids, don?t have friends who spout it, and any time I hear it I will speak up.

eddeal1 Wrote:

> all arm chair Philosophers....all mouth no action.

To be fair - most of the people here have the same views whether in the armchair or leaning against the bar in the EDT.

😂 funny people on about antifa now and how I can?t hide and you know my name is frank and you know my postcode 😂 and the only ironing I would be doing is u 😂

Look back at how this started 😆 I r are all retards going on about my punctuation etc and look at ya, at least I got common sense , and yh COMMON sense 😂

I gave my opinion that I feel there is nothing wrong and then many of u start to cry 😭 bless u all and your little cotton socks

🥄🥄🥄🥄🥄🥄🥄🥄🥄🥄🥄🥄🥄🥄🥄🥄🥄🥄🥄🥄❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ E 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

Blah Blah Wrote:

> And right on cue, here is the stupid attention

> seeking troll again. Do not feed.................

Oh stop picking on him because of his class Blah, this is just typical groups of middle class EDFers ganging up on a misunderstood chap...