High fever, lots of drool, off food/milk - what the hell is this?

We cannot seem to catch a break lately. Baby boy just finished second course of antibiotics for an ear infection on Weds. Was fine for couple of days then yesterday started having low grade fever around noon. By nightime he was burning up despite calpol/nurofen, also bit sick so we took him to Kings around 4am. Was extra worried because we took a bad spill and even though he was not hurt or dropped he started running a temp soon after.

They were very nice at A&E took temp, checked heart rate, blood glucose, urine, ears all fine. Throat bit red but nothing major. We came home about 7am and he had a bottle and slept for a bit on the breast.

Since then however he gets fever the minute drugs wear off and is extremely unsettled and unhappy. Does not want the bottle and does not want to breastfeed. Completely disinterested in solids. Is drooling a lot - more than when teething. I am at a loss as to what's wrong can only think something to do with his throat as he seems uncomfortable drinking and does not want to lie down.

Ideas?

No rash anywhere. They checked his ears this morning and said they were fine.

He slept for about an hour on the breast (after an hour and half trying to convince him to take it) and now is completely awake and acting very hyper. No fever at the moment had nurofen at 7.30

hey,

my nine month old had similar symptoms all last week(and still now a bit...)- started off with excessive drooling/bad cold/v high temp/diarreah/no eating little drinking. we treated the temp with calpol, and got her to drink as much fluids as possible and a few bananas and yoghurts.

i eventually took her to gp then hospital, who diagnosed gastric bug and a bit of dehydration and just continued calpol really.

yeasterday she got a rash all over her body, which i think can happen after various viruses..??she's going to gp today just incase.

i also found similar symptoms for Roseola, which is not serious normally, just need to take care of the temperature/hydration.

sorry, this is probably rather unhelpful, but maybe reassuring to know this may be sth 'going round'.

take care x

hmmm no tummy problems (so far! Fingers crossed) and cant see sores in mouth or rash. So perhaps another virus altogether. He is better at least no fever but still cranky and waking up a lot in the night. There is a very nasty vomiting bug making the rounds and I have had a bit of a sore throat for few days... It never ends!

I think some of the bad mood may be due to him really wanting to crawl but not being able to. And some is certainly due to being bored being stuck home with mummy