nausea in third trimester?

Anyone experienced sudden onset of nausea in the final trimester? I've never really had morning sickness (v fortunately so, I know), and was fine in first pregnancy but in this one I developed terrible car sickness in the last month or so. have been very sick in car (not fun or v glamorous - have now banned car journeys for the remaining 9 weeks), but am now just feeling continuously nauseous since weekend (drove to Brighton and back on Sunday). I'm not worried, realise it's all part of the many varied symptoms but just interested to know how common this is and what, if anything, can do - feel weak from hunger yet can't stomach much more than the odd bit of dry toast or some apple.

I also had/have this - last pregnancy had bad nausea from 5-15 weeks with similar nausea in car/bus journeys from about 30 weeks onwards. Currently 24 weeks pregnant and get nausea surfacing if i've been in the car (as a passenger) longer than about half an hour....

completely sympathise as you probably know!

Car journeys absolute nightmare for me with pregancy so had to get train everywhere and couldn't really do car/bus journeys. Had lots of episodes of having to stop car to puke in gutter. I normally get car sick on twisty roads so just figure its exacerbated in pregnancy.

As cuppatea said, late nausea likely caused by heartburn/reflux and I was told to take Gaviscon.

Tips for food:

bananas, ryvita with thin spread of philadelphia/marmite, toast, ice cold water (little sips). Also though it probs goes against best instincts I found eating frequently (i.e. hourly) is best to keep nausea at bay.

Not long to go though!

I'm not in my third trimester yet but I had v bad sickness til 18 weeks and now at 25 weeks it's just a few times a week. I really find fruity polos help albeit temporarily ie whilst sucking but try it and see if it helps x

Thanks for the tips. I was having bad heartburn but it's not happening at the moment, and not sure could face even the nice flavoured gaviscon! but might try if doesn't improve soon. good tips on food. The odd thing is i am never car sick normally. Also I had thought it was restricted to travel but 48 hrs after horrendous car journey on Sunday, I haven't stopped feeling sick yet. I'm guessing though that the fact am not actually being sick (other than in car) is a good thing. Very conscious others must feel like this all the way through - just had thought it all kicked in earlier!

• 1 month later...
Has anyone experienced nausea right at the end of pregnancy? I'm 36 (and a half!) wks and for the past few days have felt sick all the time. No heartburn so don't think gaviscon would help. I really suffered with morning sickness until about 17 wks and didn't think it would come back this late! Makes looking after a toddler even harder at this stage! Any tips? Stories? Thanks!

Has anyone experienced nausea right at the end of pregnancy? I'm 36 (and a half!) wks and for the past few days have felt sick all the time. No heartburn so don't think gaviscon would help. I really suffered with morning sickness until about 17 wks and didn't think it would come back this late! Makes looking after a toddler even harder at this stage! Any tips? Stories? Thanks!

I am 33 weeks and just started having heartburn and feeling 'bluhh' literally last night. So far have nothing in the house so have just tried a home remedy of bicarb and water - I wouldn't reccomend it, it tastes revolting and didn't work. What you said about looking after a toddler Crystal, hence I am on couch posting this with cbeebies on instead of doing some kind of edifying child centred activity!

I am 19 weeks and still feel ill. I felt sick with my first 2 but it usally ended at 12 weeks. I used ginger in hot water for my first 2 kids which really helped yet I can not stand the taste now due to the association. A friend at work last week has suggested popping a clove in the side of your mouth and sucking... which I plan to try (bizarre as it sounds!).I find if I get lots of rest and acoid long car journeys then the sickness reduces.

Hope this helps

I started feeling sick when i was about 35 weeks pregnant at 36+4 i had to been induced due to the preeclampsia.My blood pressure was also a bit higher ( slightly).I was fine-(still at work -4 days before i gave birth LOL).

It is actually very common nowadays:)

But DO NOT WORRY TOO MUCH - just speak to your midwife ( i am sure everything is fine)