Noisy Forest Hill Tavern after midnight wtf?

Frankito

Frankito, fair enough and I guess the forum has become the place for people to vent their frustrations when things wind them up.

I'm also guessing that it'd be good old Admin who takes the flack from angry local businesses about any misrepresentation on here tho.

I don't think that everyone realises that some posts are from bots either judging from the way they respond to them, here is a case in point.

Now is it too late to second dearest Meds' nomination? He's probably got a rule book about that somewhere too!

Netts already seconded the vote. Evil.

Not sure how moaning about a bit of late night noise can be construed as misinterpretation... Now if I had been saying the place is crap or they rip me off then yes, I would expect to be challenged and pulled into line. But I haven't said that nor have I implied it. It's a decent local for all it gets noisy.. ... ..... :)

I have heard much worse on here although not from you.

Thirded then please.

Nope, I didn't say you misrepresented them either. I'm sure you've probably noticed that the way things go on here sometimes a bit of light-hearted moaning and a negative thread title sometimes attracts unwarranted comments against local businesses too, that's all.

Edited - reply to Frank.

Frankie, in all semi-seriousness, you hardly said anything. You could have been complaining about seagulls or people talking on the street. It was just a comment. It happened to be the pub noise. I don't see it as an attempt to put Pete out of business. Regarding the 'wtf' bit, frankly in this age of textspeak we add things to comments because of it. It could have been 'be janey' if there was textspeak for it. I have to admit that some textspeak I have to look up as I don't know what it means.

I'd be more pee'd off with Pete if I was going to his pub last week-end to watch the footie and thought I could see all of the two games he advertised as on. The kick off times wouldn't have allowed this but on his thread they would have. Being the polite citizen I am I did post to let him know.

katie1997 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> . I don't see it as an attempt to put Pete out of

> business.

>

> I don't think anyone suggested that either. Not

> even Pete.

Katie, I tend to exaggerate. It's a 'problem' I have. I'm dealing with it.

*pops a few more pills*

Frankito Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Numbers, I assume you are going to be doing the

> rounds on other posts which are a lot more blatant

> and raw in their condemnation of local businesses.

> As an example, what is your take on the vets

> thread in the general section...?

No need for facetious remarks, Frankito.

I just happened to read this thread yesterday and unfortunately got caught up in responding to (in my opinion, unkind) remarks made by granadaland/Matt after the FHT posted on here. I know that far worse comments about local businesses have been made on here. I think I already said, oooh way back on page 1, that this one didn't seem to be intended to be deliberately malicious in any way and that the FHt likely didn't have knowledge of your usually good humoured posts.

There was no interest, believe me, until people started being unnecessarily rude to the response from what is, after all, a local business and someone's livelihood.

If I did work there, you'd hate it even more - I think Rolf Harris is great for karaoke :)