Found in Friern

My neighbour found a key household item on Friern Road. Apologies as it was over a week ago, but I was seconded to this while they are away. If you can identify the missing item, we can arrange an exchange. Leave number so I can call.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• So it's that time of the year when the industrial plant arrives in Peckham Rye Park to essentially annexe & trash one of the best areas. Again. So to start - the sound of chainsaws this morning triggered a visit for me, to find several large branches being lopped off the beautiful blossom tree near where the Park Run starts - I'm sure you all know & love it. This was blatantly to accommodate the metal perimeter wall, but I don't recall this sort of vandalism being mentioned in any of the meetings, documentation or promises? Previously, this section of the wall had lower panels, to fit under these branches, but I guess this would have been an issue for the organisers - easy to climb over - so they would've had to spend money on extra security? So this year they've arranged to have those pesky, profit negative branches removed, so they can install a higher wall - sorted! For context, I've lived here just under 20 years, and looked across to that tree from our front window every day. It has never been pruned, trimmed, pollarded or touched in any way by the park staff, hence its beautiful, natural shape. This act of vandalism was done 100% to benefit GALA, not the tree. Sickening.
    • Found! Thanks to whoever stretched it across bench where I couldn’t miss it!
    • IMO, bad move…… you will eventually pay the price! leaseholders always get charged a premium rate & you have to wonder what they are paying for. Someone I know had to sell their place & moved outside of London as they just couldn’t afford what the council were asking for!
    • 'We have launched a six-month trial called Access DLR to help make journeys on the DLR more accessible. This pre-booked assistance is available seven days a week, between 07:00 and 19:00 each day for anyone aged 18 and over. Access DLR is for anyone who needs support to travel. No proof of disability is required to use the service.  You will be met by a member of staff at the DLR station of your choice and accompanied until you reach the final DLR station on your journey.  Assistance can be booked online or by phone on 08082 81 66 55 (call charges may apply). As the DLR stations are not staffed, the service needs to be pre-booked. If it is not pre-booked, assistance cannot be guaranteed. This is initially being run as a trial until November 2024. You can find out more about Access DLR on our website.  Every station on the DLR has step-free access.'  
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In