Venue in central London for a 40th Party

madaba

Hi,

I'm trying to organise a 40th Birthday party preferably in a private room/bar somewhere in central London (preferably within easy reach of SE22!)to include drinks, nibbles and dancing for up to 100 guests. I wondered if anyone had any recommendations. I'd be very grateful!

Thanks!

Try upstairs at Coach and Horses, the 'legendary' boozer off Old Compton Street. They used to, not a long time ago either, hire it out cheaply. They had a bar up there and can lay on sarnies etc. I don't think there is draft beer up there but there is bottles. You cannot take your booze from downstairs upstairs I have been told. They'll allow you to bring a DJ I understand.

I had mine at the Punch Tavern in Fleet Street earlier this year and really recommend it, no hire charge but a minimum spend of ?500 to have the whole pub exclusively to midnight, if you want a bar extension to 2 am it's a charge of ?50 for the licence and then a minimum spend of ?1,000. I didn't bother with the late licence but went to a nearby cheesy 80's club which opens to 3am but met the ?1k minimum spend with just 50 people so think it's a good deal. Also, they do food at really good value, starting at ?4 per head which offers a really good choice. They recommended a dj who I used, charge of ?250 or equally they are just as happy for you to bring your own music as they have a PA system in the bar. In addition, they decorate the pub for you with balloons, fairy lights, candles, flowers at no extra cost. Location is good as close to Blackfriars, Cannon St, London Bridge, City Thameslink so most people found it easy to get to. Can't recommend it enough.

Hi Madaba.

I think you will find a proper venue via this search form with wedding reception venues in London area. I think "wedding" venues also might be ok for such party. On this website wedding venues are also places ready for birthdays, conferences and so on;)

First: mark which part of London are you intrested in

Second: Select Capacities - 76?150

Third: mark Additional Criteria if required.

And then click Search.

Hope i helped;)

take care and good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

One more to throw into the pot: The Pontefract Castle in the Cellar Bar - St Christopher's Place/Wigmore Street. I've booked here before, choose your own music, no venue hire, no minimum spend, candle lit, comfy sofas, reasonably priced drinks and food.

Good luck!

• 1 year later...