has anyone sold through Foxtons

ARTY

From a buyers perspective... the agent that showed me round was totally clueless, knew nothing about the area, had never been to any of the properties before, and failed to make appropriate arrangements with the owners/tenants for viewings. He didn't seem to have any concept of what is good/bad value in the area. I wouldn't say that their properties are necessarily over-valued, but they are erratically priced.

On the plus side, the agent didn't try the hard sell, was not smary, and did not live up to the "square toed shoes, badly gelled hair, argos jewellery" stereotype. Their website is good (although their ED properties are not advertised on findaproperty).

In short, if I was selling right now, I would probably not go through Foxtons.

That sounds like a fair representation of your average Foxtons viewing. It certainly reminds me of the dealings I've had in the past with them, from which I can recall:

Never getting to speak to the same person more than once.

Each person I spoke to knowing nothing about what I had discussed with the previous person.

Too many staff.. and too high a turnover of staff - I was amazed at how many people I met with who knew zilch about the area, or the property I was viewing - and this was at an established branch so the 'just starting out' excuse won't wash.

However, they do have a nice website and they do very nicely thankyou - which is testament to the fact that, given some property to sell and a few nice pictures of it, a monkey could do it - and without the need of a silly car.

A friend of mine owns a flat in Camberwell and Foxton repeatedly put up SOLD signs infront of her house when it hadn't even been on the market! When she complained she was told it was a mistaken address, but the same sign went up again not long after. Apparently this is done to raise confidence in the agent by local sellers. I have a good friend who left Foxtons 6 weeks after joining because he couldn't believe some of the practices the office he was in operated. My sister had a good buying experience with Bushells and I rented with PropertyinDulwich.com for two years. They were great!

Foxton's clearly are the devil and all the greasy little Gordon Gecko wannabes who ooze round ED the minions.

Locked this Foxton's thread as there's another one - The Adminnistrator