Burglary on colwell road

natasha

Hi all

We were burgled on Friday morning. They stole our car -a red skoda fabia estate - reg is WR11 ONF . The police think they will have dumped it nearby as it's hardly a trophy car! If you see it could you message me? Thanks Natasha

try behind the dentists in forest hill, near the station, there is a yard there which is next to a cosy little drug den, thats where are car was found when it was nicked from Playfield Crescent 3 or so years ago, foggy x

Sorry about your burglary and your car...

This may help cheer you up...

Back in 1982 I had a Skoda tha had rusted away. The MOT ran out as did the TAX. The council put a notice on it

saying I had 2 weeks to get it Taxed or it would be towed away.

After a couple of days it was gone. I called the council but they said they had not taken it yet, but was due to.

I called the Police and told them my car had been stolen.

They asked me what make of car it was ?

I told them it was a Skoda. and they said. ....

'Skoda?? They don't count.'

Honest. you could not make that up.

Never saw my car again..

Fox

When our house was burgled a few years ago they didn't fine anything worth stealing so made off the with keys (Mercedes - 3 Mercs parked outside, all but one - ours - an SLK - ours being an A Class - would have loved to have seen the look on their faces). They proceeded to empty two other houses in our street - into our car. The car was found 2 weeks later parked in a resident only road in Wandsworth but only came to the attention of the authorities because it was parked illegally and was going to be towed. We were sadly reunited with the car we were hoping to upgrade with the insurance money!!

jimbo1964 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Really sorry about your robbery.

>

> I'm a Skoda owner and proud of it!

and so you should be, fab cars these days! Plenty of Audi owners in ED paying over the odds for essentially the same car.

EDmummy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> When our house was burgled a few years ago they

> didn't fine anything worth stealing

xxxxxxx

This happened to me once (not in ED). I came home to find the front door kicked in and the whole house gone through, drawers opened, mattresses looked under (!) and not one thing missing :))

Clearly they weren't into books or vinyl (it was a long time ago .....) :))