Post Delivery - Marmora Road!!!

pipslon

I never quite "get" the concern over timing of postal deliveries:

1. Most post, or at least my post, seldom contains anything of real importance or time critical.

2. Even if it does - how many people open a letter and immediately sit down and respond to the contents?

3. As long as the post arrives on a daily basis - surely we're OK? Post falls thru' letterbox, pick it up, open, read, take action if needed - anything from whooping with joy over big cheque from lottery / premium bonds / fairy godmother, writing back to granny with thank you note for the ?5 present, crying over the "Dear John" dumping and, very often, including dumping the junk mail into the bin / recycling bag,

I'm sure Royal Mail would be delighted to bring them back, if people were willing to pay very very very much more for a stamp to cover the staff costs ..... which they aren't :)

ETA: In some countries you have to go and collect all your mail yourself, so we are lucky to have it delivered to our homes and offices at all, I think!

The bad smell you are talking about here is about what has being going on here for many years I should say. And don't feel too confident because you don't know anything what others are after. Sorry but you need to be careful from now on because you already stink in the area for a few people Mr Mackenzie. No wonder why your cars get damage and so many enemies in the area. Now understand thanks to some of them.

Had a chat with the regular Marmora Rd postie today - top feller by the way. He's been away the last couple of weeks and we've had 'casual staff' doing his round. When he returned to work on the 15th he'd been left with a couple of days worth of backlog to deliver. Hence the late delivery times. Give him a break, eh?